Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Freep reports some bombshells about Manoogian investigation

This article is pretty damning towards Mike Cox and the Detroit Police Department. We already knew about Cox interviewing KK without him being under oath or deposition notes being taken, but now we, but now a state police investigator comes right out and says Cox tried to rush the investigation along.
    As for the DPD, we have sealed evidence that was broken into and turned up missing--specifically, 911 calls about the Manoogian party.

http://www.freep.com/article/2009110...-tapes-vanish?

Cox was at the Manoogian party.

The more Cox gives is "non-denial denials" [[anyone remember tht line from All the President's Men?), the more I believe that he knows EXACTLY what happened...whether he was there or not...and helped cover up the whole thing. Unfortunately...I don't think we will ever know the whole truth.

9mile&seneca Guest

The family of the stripper should try to pin it on some[[white) lacrosse players from North Carolina.

Makes me happier that Kwame is gone.Yet I think that this whole deal is one other big scam thrust upon the citizens of Detroit and the region surounding it.

I have a feeling that this will make Mike Cox "damaged goods" for any run at the Governor''s offfice next year.... and rightfully so.

Just a few well placed political ads with a picture of Cox and KK.... methinks the state voters are less forgiving than city voters...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I have a feeling that this will make Mike Cox "damaged goods" for any run at the Governor''s offfice next year.... and rightfully so.

Just a few well placed political ads with a picture of Cox and KK.... methinks the state voters are less forgiving than city voters...
    Right on! Damaged goods he is.

And KK? We're going to be digging skeletons out of his closet for years to come. He's in need of some serious incarceration time in an institution of 'higher learning'. Like S.M.U. Southern Michigan University ------- at Jackson.

What a fine mess, The AG, A republican, With HizzonerJr, A democrat. No wonder I am leary of anything any one holding office says. A bi-partisan scam to say the least.

I have been of the belief that Mike Cox knows that the party took place [[ and could have been there too ) all along. I can even picture he and Kwame sitting in his office, having a good laugh, patting each other on the back, and covering each others ass. I would not vote for him to be dog catcher, let alone governor. Why should we believe that he could be trusted to be honest, when he has cheated on his own wife? If he has that little respect for his own family, the rest of us are most surely "chopped liver".

I find it highly unlikely that anyone but Cox will be the governor elect by this time next year, even with all this silliness in the news.
    Last edited by artds; November-09-09 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    What a fine mess, The AG, A republican, With HizzonerJr, A democrat. No wonder I am leary of anything any one holding office says. A bi-partisan scam to say the least.
    Yes. The McNamara Mafia always had its tentacles on both parties. Once on the downlow, it became more visible with the antics of the Kilpatrick administration.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Yes. The McNamara Mafia always had its tentacles on both parties. Once on the downlow, it became more visible with the antics of the Kilpatrick administration.
    ...not to mention Granholm, who is also an apple from this tree. The one thing McNamara's apples have in common is that they are "politicians" in the most cynical sense of the word...Republican, Democrat, don't matter.

The story of that meeting at the time ran like this: Cox requests a meeting with KK. The State troopers accompany Cox to KK's office. KK came out and asked to meet with Cox in private, first. In the meeting KK says to Cox "I do have a problem but YOU have a problem, too. because you have been having an affair [[with another menber of MacAamara admin) and if you proceed with this investigation, then I'll expose you." Flustered Cox leaves and takes the troopers with him, saying four days later that the investigation is dead, stupid. And later Cox reveals his affair publically on his because he realizes that he is always going to be fodder for bribery if he doesn't get it out in his own way and early.

That explanation of their meeting seems perfectly plausible.............and it stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    It's better known as bi-partisan collusion and criminality.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    I find it highly unlikely that anyone but Cox will be the governor elect by this time next year, even with all this silliness in the news.
    Do you now?

Funny, I don't think the electorate will be that naiive.. If you call this all "silliness", then you must have been asleep during the text messaging scandal.... even KK's mother would have gotten the boot had the opposition vote not gotten split.

Cox will have to make it out of the state Republican convention with the nomination... and with adultery and now a possible corruption coverup looming... I doubt the conservative wing of the Republican Party will have the stomach to let bygones be bygones....

Agree with Gistok...the shat hasn't hit the fan yet re: Cox and his so-called investigation. And I remember a number of posters, especially Gannon, arguing over a year and a half ago that there was much more to the Tamara Greene story. As I said at that time...just be patient...the truth will come out. And it's not silly at all.
    And by the way, I'm amazed at how many people , including some on this forum, want to put this whole issue aside, saying "Enough is enough." It's not enough until we get to what really occurred and who was involved.

Cox will have to make it out of the state Republican convention with the nomination... and with adultery and now a possible corruption coverup looming... I doubt the conservative wing of the Republican Party will have the stomach to let bygones be bygones....
    That kind of tabloid stuff doesn't get as much play in local politics as it does in national politics, and certainly won't matter very much in the republican primary. This is especially true in a state like Michigan where people are much more worried about their jobs [[or lack thereof) at the moment than anything else.

The adultery thing will undoubtedly get resurrected, but that bomb was largely diffused two years ago and won't get nearly as much press as it would have if it had come out during the election.

And the Manoogian thing seems like nothing more than Michigan's version of classic conspiracy theory.

As for Cherry, whether rightly or wrongly, he is going to have difficulty beating a box of hair next year since he was part of the administration that oversaw the largest job losses in the state's history. Some folks in the middle are going to want to go with a change of pace.

I guess we'll see what happens in about 360 more days.