Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default How does Cox Impact the city & future of SE MI

~ Please read/view and share your feelings about this guy's potential future impact on this region
    http://www.freep.com/article/2009110...y-tapes-vanish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNrH03--Nrk

Geez, Detroit poltics is a trip.

Even with everything that has gone on in this city and state, an election of this guy may rank as the most dysfunctional.

stinkbug Guest

He is a monster. He has never shown any scruples or allegiance to anyone but himself.

Cox: 'We haven't tried to hide anything'

http://www.freep.com/article/2009112...anoogian-probe

It is hoped that his impact is zero, after getting his ass whipped in any election he participates in.

He's got Kwame all over him, he's going down.

MichMatters Guest

I hope that when he does implode, Rick Snyder will rise to power. I'd hate to see Hoekstra's crazy @ss slip into the default spot. Cox is entirely slimey; Hoekstra is the very definition of a reactionary neocon [[read: dangerous).

Where do you start? He cheated on his wife with a coworker and it is rumored that he was at the Manoogian Mansion party. Even if he was not, he botched the investigation of the so-called party. Currently there is no one in the running that can truly help Michigan.

Somewhere [[Irish Heaven or more realistically hell) Eddie Mac is spinning in his grave.
    Disciples....pish!

An attorney friend of my spouse, who has crossed paths in the legal system with Cox for years, says rumor has it he has a least one child with someone other than his wife, and has been caught in comprimising positions in public court buildings. Like I said, these are what is rumored. But let's face it, he doesn't have a good record as far as honesty. If you will cheat on your own spouse, I figure you are capable of much more than that. I would not trust him as far as I could throw him [[ ok, he is short.....but still)!

I doubt that he would make it past the state Republican Nomination Convention next year for a run for governor. They can be an unforgiving lot.... and in this case for good reason.

it's been a while...think the time has come for this thread to blossom?

His updates on the carp situation are extremely partisan. Any republican anywhere in the state holding a hearing on carp are duly noted.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MichMatters View Post
    I hope that when he does implode, Rick Snyder will rise to power. I'd hate to see Hoekstra's crazy @ss slip into the default spot. Cox is entirely slimey; Hoekstra is the very definition of a reactionary neocon [[read: dangerous).
    And blowing a 1 billion dollar hole in the state's economy isn't dangerous?

[[read the white paper on his MBT proposal)

...if he can't determine what company his home phone was with:

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...400/1361/rss41

just how effective has he been at dealing with other more complex issues as State Attorney General?

Opinion anyone?

All of this, in a political season, is the end for Mr. Cox. The Republicans aren't gonna want anything to do with him, when opponents latch on to the connections to the Playa Maya.
    Maybe someone ought to check if Brooke Liszak had a phone line in Livonia. She's going to be the key that opens the floodgate of info that people are sitting on.
    KK may be out of the picture, so to speak, but the intimidation is still there, as long as Cox is in power. Once the Sh*t hits the fan and he falls from grace [[power) the wolves will sing.