Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New DetroitYES Masthead

From where was this photo taken?

What is the local context?
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-13-10 at 06:03 PM.

Cue "The Syncopated Clock".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dz5024jshs

Gosh Alex, what is the Uniroyle Plant?

I like it ..looks climable for pics....

Lowell, to save answering questions, you might consider adding the alternate text attribute to the photographs, banners etc...

page_scripts.js.dyes_header[[) would need minor alteration.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; November-11-09 at 11:24 PM. Reason: edit

Picture is from the 'great abyss' of Packard, a collapsed seventh floor of the SW building.

Uniroyal plant was located on East Jefferson near Belle Isle Bridge. The plant made million of auto tires in its day. It was also known as US Rubber.

jjaba.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Lowell, to save answering questions, you might consider adding the alternate text attribute to the photographs, banners etc...

page_scripts.js.dyes_header[[) would need minor alteration.
    BTW Lowell, image 13.jpg does not exist. PM me if you need assistance with the alternate text. Great images!

DetroitDad Guest

I really like several of them, but was pleasantly surprised to see so many Detroit icons... like the Spirit of Detroit and the Ford Wyoming Drive-In [[my favorite one).

Quote Originally Posted by jjaba View Post
    Uniroyal plant was located on East Jefferson near Belle Isle Bridge. The plant made million of auto tires in its day. It was also known as US Rubber.

jjaba.

Jjaba, you would have had to travel to the eastside to see that!

If I recall correctly, didn't Jjaba's father work at Packard and live on the eastside, albeit for a brief time, therefore making Jjaba an honorary East Side Member???