Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Old Redford building

This building in Old Redford caught my attention. Do you guys know anything about it?

Yeah, it's invisible

Which building would that be? Which street, which corner? Which business?

Wow its amazing how it looks like this building in Flint.

I tried attaching this picture which obviously didn't work, but here is the building on the left...

Grand River west of Lahser. Didn't that place use to be the Old Redford bowling lanes?

Sad how fast a building's appearance detriorates after closing.
    Less than 10 years ago, Redford Bowl was still in business. Then after a small fire the bowling lanes closed 'for renovations' and the bar closed soon after.

Clausen Building. Bowling Alley and shops downstairs, offices upstairs.
    My first job was behind the second batch of plywood from the right, on the first floor. But the missing windows on the 2nd floor are a somewhat recent development.

That was a fun bowling alley back in the 80's. I worked at Olson Olds about a block west from there and we were on a league. I think the store front on the right was where the original Old Mexico was located. mmmm they have good food. And there was a Sanders on that block too.

One day a fellow co-worker and I chased down a purse snatcher and caught him in the bowling alley parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie1a View Post
    That was a fun bowling alley back in the 80's. I worked at Olson Olds about a block west from there and we were on a league. I think the store front on the right was where the original Old Mexico was located. mmmm they have good food. And there was a Sanders on that block too.

One day a fellow co-worker and I chased down a purse snatcher and caught him in the bowling alley parking lot.
    Old Mexico was in a storefront block just west of the Redford Bowl. Until early 70's it was a storefront 'diner'.That building was demolishesd when the Wendy's was built about 2000. Ironically, Olson family owned that building. And Sanders was a little east of the bowling alley.[[does not show up in the photo, not sure if that storefront is still there) It was not unusual to see Mr. Olson in there for lunch.
    Greedy city parking department. Olson's used to put coins in the meters as needed for their customers. To this day there are STILL parking meters in parts of Old Redford.
    We probably know each other Alfie1a. I don't recall the purse snatching. But I also worked for MF - in 1986, Body Shop office.

Nice rust on the bases of those light poles, eh?

econ expat, I worked there 81-82. Also in the body shop.

I could swear there was a back entrance to Redford Bowl off Lasher.

There is a back entrance, to the parking lot shared with the former Sanders, etc.

But it's a block west of Lahser, one would have to cross Redford Street and walk 1/2 block or 'cut through' the former [[guarded) bank parking lot to get to Lahser..