Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"It can facilitate in the consumer's mind a new set of associations that relate strongly to its new positioning."

Good grief. Such drivel.

What will become of the pentastar that graces the top of Auburn Hills?

Lorax Guest

Coming from a Chrysler family that grew up on the pentastar, nothing can really replace it in my view.

This "wing ding" is about as homogenous and boring as it gets, right up there with the Lexus flying "L" logo.

Logos and brands matter immensely, and anyone who thinks this thing will be a success is wishful at best.

Sanders spends a fortune to bring back a vintage font for their product line which works well for the brand, and Fiat ruins a tried and true symbol which has been around nearly 50 years in favor of a corporatized poll-tested, bean counter approved symbol that inspires nothing more than a yawn.

Stosh Guest

I think that you all misunderstand the intent. This is not intended to replace the corporate logo. This is a brand badge, for the front of cars, nothing more.

Looks a little too much like the Astin-Martin logo,

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    I think that you all misunderstand the intent. This is not intended to replace the corporate logo. This is a brand badge, for the front of cars, nothing more.

Thank you for clarifying that!

It still is a dull and pedantic wing ding.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary View Post
    "It can facilitate in the consumer's mind a new set of associations that relate strongly to its new positioning."

Good grief. Such drivel.
    MBA-speak.

It looks like a stretched Aston-Martin logo. I like it. I can't wait to see the line-up. I come from a Chrysler family, but as a young adult there isn't one car I would want. I like the Caliber, my mom has one, but I want something better. Right now only Ford has cars that appeal to me, and I would rather buy Chrysler.

I wish Chrysler success. But the new logo looks like an old T-bird logo to me. Looks like there's some dead thinking in Auburn Hills.

The corporate version of getting your hair done.

To me it looks like a lapel pin an airline pilot would wear on their uniform.

They gave it wings. Makes sense, as it's probably about to fly off into that great A&M in the sky.

"The new logo compresses the symbol from vehicles in the mid-1990s. [[Chrysler)"
    Old logo for comparison...

When Chrysler finally killed off Plymouth after marginalizing the brand for years, it ticked me off. I doubt that I'll never buy another Chrysler product.

When I first saw it, I thought Thunderbird. Other than that, I don't really have much of an opinion. I liked the Pentastar, but that wasn't their first logo either. Kinda bland like the Caddy emblem for the Caterra.

Chrysler could have brought back the Forward Look logo of '56-'61. It still looks good.

Get your updates here. It can't be any worse than what the Daimler Blitzkrieg or Three-Headed Dog from Hell did to them.
    http://www.allpar.com/corporate/chry...year-plan.html

KEY NOTES

• Expansion of Chrysler engineering workforce
    • Ram in heavy trucks [[18-wheelers)?
    • Hemi and [[we believe) Cummins to continue, 6.4 Hemi coming with ~ 450 hp
    • Both small and large Fiat vans to replace Sprinter
    • Chrysler to handle large displacement and hybrid engines for Fiat worldwide
    • Regular and twin turbo Pentastar V6 engines
    • Dual-clutch automatics to arrive, 4-speeds and [[probably) Mercedes automatic to leave
    • Journey, Caravan, Avenger: new engine, new interiors, exterior refreshing
    • 2014: all new Grand Caravan
    • New C-sedan, B-hatch, D-car, 7-passenger crossover
    • Repackaging around lifestyles rather than ... whatever they were using before
    • Possibly, new Viper for 2013/2014
    • Quality improvements will continue and extend to dealer service
    I really liked this right here as a dig back at the jerks in Germany:
    "The company expects sales[[of the new Ram) to go to 415,000 units in 2014 from 280,000 in 2010, with a possible expansion to heavy trucks [[18-wheelers) and the use of both small and large Fiat commercial vans in 2012. [[Both moves would hurt Daimler which sells Sprinter vans and owns the truck company formerly known as Freightliner.) "

No mention of bringing the Fiat 500 here...

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    There is now.... at least within the Chrysler Canada presentation and the product mix.

Logo - schmogo....just build a decent car that people want at a decent price. No one will care what logo is on it.

BTW My first thought was old T-Bird logo also.

as a 15yr veteran of the old Corporation i thought they took the gold 'seal' off of the old logo and then smudged the rest of it while the ink was still wet...

just build a decent car that people want at a decent price. No one will care what logo is on it.
    THANK YOU. ive been saying this for at least the last 7 years...

Default Chrysler Log0

Wonder how much this cost and how long it took to go through the same ole corporate bull?

Isn't that the Holy Spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    But there are plans to bring a Fiat produced-Dodge branded small car by 2013.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast