Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Felon Beckham gets to keep his job.

With the re-election of Mayor Dave Bing, his Chief Administrative Officer, Charlie Beckham, the one who represented Bing during the transit cuts gets to keep his job...for the time being.

Although efforts have been made to remove him by a city activist:

http://detnews.com/article/20091021/...move-Bing-aide

Today, Beckham can be relieved to know that he will still be employed by the mayor's office, unless Bing decides to fire him.

If people want to unseat Bing, they need to run a serious candidate against him. Trotting out Tom Barrow every 15 years or so isn't going to cut it.

Hasn't this suit gone before a judge now? Beckham may still keep his position but at least he knows some of the people want him out.

EastSider Guest

I guess it's better to have the deputy mayor as a felon, instead of the mayor himself, like Barrow.Detroit rises!

Quote Originally Posted by RayStar View Post
    Hasn't this suit gone before a judge now? Beckham may still keep his position but at least he knows some of the people want him out.

On Saturday evening Agnes Hitchcock said on her television program that a judge[[I can't recall judge's name) has given the go ahead for a suit to proceed. If I heard her correctly she said Charlie Beckman has to be served with the papers and has six days from the time of being served to respond before this moves into court.

Ahhh, good ol' Charlie Beckham, the Scooter Libby of Detroit politics.

I'd feel better if somebody not associated with the childish call em out coalition was behind the movement.