Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: About the Forum

Lowell, I have a question about the longevity of pictures embedded in a thread.
    WIth the limited amount of space we each have in our attachment box, users will have to delete pictures to post new ones at some point. This will make them inaccesible at some point. Is there a way for you to preserve the pictures in an informative thread without continuing to take up user attachment space?
    I can see this becoming an issue in threads like the Car factory thread that go on for a long time.

Default Bad > FAQ Link

The > FAQ link in the far upper right corner points to http://www.detroityes.com/mb/register.php.

It should point to http://www.detroityes.com/mb/faq.php instead.

That > FAQ link seems to be fixed now.

Has anyone been able to get the [center]centered text[\center] BB code to work?

I tried to center an image to no avail.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    That > FAQ link seems to be fixed now.

Has anyone been able to get the [center]centered text[\center] BB code to work?

I tried to center an image to no avail.
    You need to use the other slash.

[[this one => / )

I don't think images can be centered.

The HTML center and div codes don't seem to work either.

LOL the other slash. OK. Thanks, Lilpup.

Default Ready To Go

Detroit is ...

Last edited by Jimaz; April-10-09 at 07:44 PM.

lilpup Guest

Ok, so images can be centered. Whadda know.

and what Don't you like about the new forum?
    THAT IT'S NOT SWITCHED OVER YET

Default JetLev-Flyer Water Jet Pack Facts

Fly on water thrust. This new jet pack idea may not be the best way to get to work, but it sure does look like a good time. The German company MS Watersports GmbH is marketing the water-pressure-powered JetLev-flyer "jet pack" and selling it [[lessons included) for about $128,000 ... or just about what a brand new two-seat 120 mph light sport aircraft would cost you. But you can't use one of those underwater. For what it's worth, we'll bet this thing makes significantly more noise, too.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-30-09 at 06:51 PM.

I like that it's all been friendly thus far.

lilpup Guest

Something to check whenever there's time: After searching for "New Posts" and getting the list of threads with new posts, there's a way to set things so that clicking on a returned thread automatically takes you to the first unread post - no need for the "go to first unread" button.

please allow the resizing of text, as on the old forum. The current font size seems very small and I can't figure out how to make it larger.

lilpup Guest

If you use the "Post Reply" option or the "Go Advanced" option in quick reply [["QR") there is an option for changing fonts and font sizes for your posts there, if that's what you mean.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I find the text of each post -- and the thread titles you click on to get to the posts -- way too small for my liking. In the old forum, you could hold down the "CTRL" key and use the scroll button on your mouse to make the fonts bigger or smaller as you wished. you can't do that here.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_doucette View Post
    I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I find the text of each post -- and the thread titles you click on to get to the posts -- way too small for my liking. In the old forum, you could hold down the "CTRL" key and use the scroll button on your mouse to make the fonts bigger or smaller as you wished. you can't do that here.
    Vic, the only thing that does is adjust the zoom on YOUR computer Internet Explorer settings. I did that on both old and new forums, it works fine. On your IE window, on the bottom right, should be a magnifying glass with a percentage. Click on that to resize if needed. If it's not there, go to your IE settings and enable it.

Just testing. Made it to the new forum. Will take a little getting used to, but that's life.

Just testing.

cheddar bob Guest

When Sean of Detroit calls me a "troll", I can't say, "Look at the join date, junior. I've been here since you were in junior high", anymore. Oh, well. We all have been here since 3/09 now.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar bob View Post
    When Sean of Detroit calls me a "troll", I can't say, "Look at the join date, junior. I've been here since you were in junior high", anymore. Oh, well. We all have been here since 3/09 now.
    That's right. Equality. Even I have more posts than Gannon or CCBatson now! But I'd bet not for long.

Bearinabox Guest

Is it just me, or does this forum take much longer to load than the old one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    Is it just me, or does this forum take much longer to load than the old one?
    Loads the same for me, or at least within a couple of seconds at most. Maybe its the new features...

Subscribing to threads is a definite plus!

I am not seeing people's pictures in the posts. Instead I have to click on the file name, is this a setting I can change?

Go to your CP and under Setting and Options, click on Edit options. Scroll down to Thread Display Options, Visible Elements, and check the box to show pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Go to your CP and under Setting and Options, click on Edit options. Scroll down to Thread Display Options, Visible Elements, and check the box to show pictures.
    Awesome, thanks.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast