Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Rep. Bachmann is either stupid, a pathological liar, or flat-out evil. It's amazing that someone who would fail a junior high history class can get elected to the Congress!
    I think all of the above are appropriate to describe her heinous statements. Yet cons will blindly defend her and claim its a liberal media which hunt.

Rep. Paul Ryan is an up-and-comer for the GOP. He presented the Republican response to the SOTU. Young and serious, is he smart enough to help his party get the country back?

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Rep. Paul Ryan is an up-and-comer for the GOP. He presented the Republican response to the SOTU. Young and serious, is he smart enough to help his party get the country back?
    Intelligent or not, Rep. Ryan is part of the New Plantation set that seeks to twist and distort reality in order to keep us peasants poor and stupid while we help him and his wealthy buddies enjoy a life of leisure:

Mr. Ryan made highly dubious assertions about employment, health care and more. But what caught my eye, when I read the transcript, was what he said about other countries: “Just take a look at what’s happening to Greece, Ireland, the United Kingdom and other nations in Europe. They didn’t act soon enough; and now their governments have been forced to impose painful austerity measures: large benefit cuts to seniors and huge tax increases on everybody.”

It’s a good story: Europeans dithered on deficits, and that led to crisis. Unfortunately, while that’s more or less true for Greece, it isn’t at all what happened either in Ireland or in Britain, whose experience actually refutes the current Republican narrative.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/op...gBTqkkDoJ0138Q

"It doesn't matter what I do," he answered. "People need to hear what I have to say. There's no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn't matter what I live."
    Newt Gingrich is already smart - just disregard the disconnectedness.

Newt Gingrich: The Indispensable Republican --> http://www.esquire.com/print-this/ne...-0910?page=all

Is smart being redefined in the context of state level politics?

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has stood out.

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker as well.

DetroitDad Guest

I find Rush Limbaugh amusing. He makes me laugh, either with a occasional "Hell yeah", or more often than not, with a "what the Hell is this nut talking about?"... but always with a laugh. Who would actually follow a media personality?

As you've probably heard, Newt Gingrich proposes we impose upon Libya something like a unilateral no-fly zone "this evening".

Would that action fit the bill for redefining smart?

Rush's callers are paid shills.

The whole thing is faked. His listeners are his biggest victims.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-08-11 at 08:56 PM.

Mr. Donald Trump personifies smart. At the 42 second mark of this clip Trump informs us that he grew up with fellow smart colleagues - Wall Street criminals [[geniuses).

Last edited by vetalalumni; April-01-11 at 08:17 PM. Reason: grammar etc...

The GOP's 2012 budget proposal laid out by Ryan seems to include repeal of the Affordable Care Act [[ACA). Are the CBO numbers for ACA that the GOP previously derided now appropriate for budgeting purposes?

Any other questionable items in the GOP's 2012 budget proposal?

Republicans redefine smart: Stupid is smart. War is peace. Arbeit mach frei.

"They hate us for our freedom", said by W as his admin. worked to enlarge the presidential and vice presidential powers and eliminate habeas corpus and privacy freedoms.

There is no liberty when the gov. is owned by corporate interests.

The GOP's 2012 budget proposal laid out by Ryan seems to include repeal of the Affordable Care Act [[ACA). Are the CBO numbers for ACA that the GOP previously derided now appropriate for budgeting purposes?

Any other questionable items in the GOP's 2012 budget proposal?
    I started a thread on the budget titled HR 1 with a link to a lot of the amendments.

Donald Trump is very, very proud of himself for being smart enough to do something no one else could.

Rand Paul says of Trump, " “I want to see the original long-form certificate of Donald Trump’s Republican registration.”.

Trump actually makes Palin and Bachmann look good.

Rand Paul thinks that Paul Ryan is Obama light. "Rand Paul said that Paul Ryan’s plan relies too heavily on deficit spending. “The president adds, I think, 11 trillion to the gross debt and Ryan’s plan adds eight trillion. I don’t think anybody up here realizes that we can’t withstand trillion dollar annual deficits"
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_852080.html

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Rand Paul thinks that Paul Ryan is Obama light. "Rand Paul said that Paul Ryan’s plan relies too heavily on deficit spending. “The president adds, I think, 11 trillion to the gross debt and Ryan’s plan adds eight trillion. I don’t think anybody up here realizes that we can’t withstand trillion dollar annual deficits"
    Get the popcorn ready and disconnect the telephone. Thursday evening Paul the senior, Johnson, Pawlenty, and Santorum will debate. Will the questions be tough enough to learn more about these participants?

Here are a few older "smart" comments and statements by Michele Bachmann.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15