Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Help? Am I over the limit on posting photos?

Why won't DY accept any more uploaded photos? I've tried posting photos numerous times since yesterday and they won't upload to the Gar Wood link. I was successful until then. Do we have limits? How do I know what the limits are? How do I remove past photos if I'm over the limit? Where is this information posted? I used a picture sizing website to adjust my photos previous to the new DY, but not this past week on the new DY. Do I need to begin using it again?

I think I stumbled upon the answer. Previously when I tried posting I got no message or sign that I might be over limit. This last time I tried to post photos, a message came up telling me I was over limit. I'm curious how many times, after you're over limit, it takes for the message to come up? I must've tried posting at least a dozen times with no success before I was notified.

1Keil -

Check your User CP menu and go to attachments. We have a limit, and you can view and delete as needed. We can always copy what we like immediately and save them for ourselves. Lowell also said to contact him if you would like to increase your limit for historical photos.

Thanks for the feedback, Big. I'm curious what defines 'historic' photos.

Check your User CP menu and go to attachments.
    I've found that attachment managing tool surprisingly easy to use. You can click to go directly to the post and decide whether or not to delete the graphic. It shows how much quota you've used and how much remains. It does leave an ugly "ATTACHMENT nnn" line in the post that displays an appropriate error message when clicked. For obsolete posts with no historical value that shouldn't matter though.

I plan to work within the quota for now and use a free hosting service later if necessary.

ccbatson Guest

Link to it...problem solved.

I had to unlock this and look : [[Link to it...problem solved.) Thanks Cc - your'e handy to have around.

ccbatson Guest

Pretty useful ignore feature you got there BigB....leaks like a sieve.

can we not post images hosted by other sites? For example, Skyscraper forum doesn't have any imaging hosting. Most of those high resolution large photos are from flickr, image bucket, and the like. We should be able to do something like this on DetroitYES.

can we not post images hosted by other sites?
    Yes We Can!

See the FAQ.

ccbatson Guest

Why is it of no surprise that a person who's MO is to cut and paste from a failing left wing media outlet would be first to discover this capability?