Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

DetroitDad Guest

Default Happy Halloween DetroitYES!

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Halloween. Happy Halloween all!

PS: We dressed my daughter as a lady bug and took her around to neighbors and then around the Metro to show off her costume for friends and family. It was tiring, but she was just so dang cute. I'll bring pics to one of the FSC events.... anyone?
    Last edited by DetroitDad; November-01-09 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Dyslexic Mistake

I just want to say, i'm happy to report that good halloween house party action is still happening on the west side.

Default Halloween history

Recalling Halloween in my childhood [[1940s)... we always called out "Help the Poor" . Was surprised to find this was a Detroit or Michigan thing. Was born and raised on the East side, Conner and Gratiot area, went to Denby H.S. Also, at that time there was no such thing as Devil's Night. It was a more innocent time then, and it was called Doorbell Night... just ring doorbells and hide, or at worst, soap windows. No vandalism as we have come know it in subsequent years. Growing up in Detroit was great, one could walk anywhere, at almost any hour of the day or evening. At the age of 8 I was riding the streetcar,alone, to my piano lesson from Gratiot & Conner to 7 Mile. Noone thought a thing of it. So much for nostalgia.....
    Last edited by LPL; November-01-09 at 03:20 PM.