Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Good Bye DetroitYes! - Hello ClevelandYes?

I'm outta here, watch out O-H-I-O here I come.

DetroitDad Guest

Damn Drew Carry.... sniped another one with that show and it's theme song.

Cleveland ROCKS! Cleveland ROCKS! Cleveland ROCKS!

Jmil u ghostin on us?

Yessir!

I was supposed to go apartment hunting this weekend, but had to postpone. Can't waste too much time. Got to be on the job Jan 4, 2010.

Job took u out there?

Be glad that it's not Columbus!!!

http://thecrimereport.org/2009/10/29...-them-to-move/

^ You are kidding me right? That's one part of Columbus. The living experience in the city is far better beyond what many Michigander's could imagine. They worst neighborhood is practically one of Detroit's best.

Congrats on the new job though! I'm certain you will enjoy Cleveland. You are lucky you have some time to prepare. I had 1 week to find apartment and move out to Chicago before starting my job.
    Last edited by wolverine; November-01-09 at 04:23 PM.

DS, yes - the General gave me my marching orders. [[translation: my plant is going on stand by)

Good part about leaving, no more Lions. Bad thing about leaving, the Browns are just as bad. Boo Hoo

Good luck Jmil!

Jmil,
    You're going to Parma Metal Fab?

Yessir, thats the plan. But with that GM announcement yesterday about more layoffs. Who knows??????????

Say it ain't so Jmil! Best wishes to you, your wife and darling daughters.

And, hey, it shouldn't be that much different. As the saying goes, "Cleveland is like Detroit, without the glitter".

Jmil, good luck. They don't call it the mistake on the lake for nuthin.'
    You can take the boy out the city, but you'll never take the city out the boy.
    Keep in touch.
    Top ten things you'll miss in leaving Detroit.
    10. Can't pack any Michigan gear. The Wolverines are in your rearview mirror now.
    9. No Red Wing championships.
    8. Indians dogs don't compare to a Detroit Coney.
    7. Detroit doesn't have houses with 10 dead people.
    6, The Mercury fish in Lake Erie. You'll learn to eat them.
    5. No more Grosse Pointe Fish Flies.
    4. Now you can walk from the ballpark to a Ritz Carlton, might feel funny.
    3. BP Gas Bldg. is the old Standard Oil of Rockefeller.
    2. No Devil's Night.
    1. They've never heard of Henry Ford over there.

Good luck in Parma. You'll love the Polish food, maybe the politics. You ain't in Hamtramck anymore. jjaba on the Westside.

Quote: "I'm certain you will enjoy Cleveland."

Keep an umbrella and snow shovel handy. Lake effect precipitation.

I worked in Cleveland for the better part of this year, downtown. It is a great city, and culturally is ahead of Detroit. Go to Slyman's for a Corned Beef sammich, and drive down Detroit ave. in Lakewood, lots of ground floor retail.

Thanks all.

Corned beef sammich, man I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO cravin one.

What I won't miss about Detroit:
    KK, Blackwell, Sheffield, Granholm, W. Anthony, Holley, MonCon, Kay Everett, Al Bates, Karmonos, Moroun, etc... shoveling schitt on us all.

What I will miss about Detroit:
    Supersport, kbcav, drm, dv, ericC, histeric, etc... picking up a shovel and cleaning up some of the schitt

"Keep an umbrella and snow shovel handy. Lake effect precipitation."

Cleveland is Muskegon, Ohio only bigger???

Good luck in Ohio, good sir. Cleveland's a good town - been there on a business a few times [[including one day waking up and going to Cleveland for a road trip).

Make sure to stop by Tower City - last time I was over there, it's some shopping, some food, and mass transit downstairs! Beautiful building, too.

Much love to you and your family. I pray for very good things for you and yours.

Good luck...just make sure you check out the rock and roll historical museum...

Went apartment shopping in Parma, Ohio today.
    Think I will really like moving there. Apartment I like the most is only 5 minutes from the job. A lot better than the 45 minutes it takes me now. Still have to go back and check out the North Royalton area. The schools in that area are supposed to be excellent.

GM Parma Plant?

Parma is a great Polish enclace. You're just five minutes from Kielbasa and Dill Pickle Soup too.
    jjaba, on the Westside.

Best wishes, Jmil! Just remember if the Toledo Strip War starts up again, you'll have to declare your loyalty to one or the other.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast