Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Where in Detroit?

The Temptations performed a live show in Detroit in 1967 called, "The Temptations Live!". Where was this show held and the date it was held on.

Retroit Guest

Is this a trivia question that we are supposed to guess from memory?

[['Cause I found the answer quite easily from Google.)

At the Roostertail

Actually, the exact date was Octber 3, 1966, and as BOD said, it was at the Roostertail [[specifically the upper deck).

Thank you all.... Needed this answer for a Temptations history paper.

Did you learn how to find the answer yourself the next time, instead of having to ask someone? Lots of resources out there. At least you should verify what you heard on here. After all, this is a discussion board, not an academic resource.

Well maybe you don’t know it yet, pal, but Dyes is the best place for “anything” Detroit. Normally, I would not be here asking anything but when your resources are limited gazhekwe, you use the next best thing. I was warned that someone would be crawling out of the woodwork and I see it’s you. Now I’m not going to get into a “pissing” match with you because it’s not that serious. Be glad that this site is available to everyone.

Ravine Guest

And if you can handle the steering wheel of your computer well enough to pull up to this forum and ask that question, you can handle it well enough to drive it all the way into all kinds of internet resources where that info would be available.

Gazhekwe, alongside of making a legitimate point, gave you a light scolding. Stop snarling and acting like you're going to "go head up" with Gazhekwe. It's not scary, and Halloween is over, so before you wind up with one more goblin up your ass than you'll be able to handle, move along and go finish your assignment, Sparky.

Wow, 10 posts and xunclexy bares his teeth in classic douchbaggery fashion. Great way to be shown the door.

Quote Originally Posted by xunclexx View Post
    Thank you all.... Needed this answer for a Temptations history paper.
    I doubt that your teacher/professor would recognize a discussion board as a valid, creditable source in the footnotes.

Sheesh the dude just asked a question...

Probably would have gotten a more civil response [[and more interesting discussion) if he'd asked it across the hall at Soulful Detroit.....

I'm sure he would have gotten off fine if he just hadn't mentioned the paper he was working on. It does burn me up when students don't do the hard work of finding primary sources, researching, fact-checking, etc. Good on you, Gaz.

And I'll be damned if I'll answer a query from xunclexx in the future.

geez, you guys have just been brutal around here lately. even the Sports forum is getting muddy!

Retroit Guest

Poor xunclexx. He came here because he "Aint Too Proud to Beg". Probably never thought "I'll Be in Trouble". But along came gazhekwe, and he thought "Girl, Why You Wanna Make Me Blue"?

My advice, xunclexx, is that "Yesterday" is "Fading Away", so "Don't Look Back", but "Get Ready" because you will be judged by "The Way You Do The Things You Do".

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Wow, 10 posts and xunclexy bares his teeth in classic douchbaggery fashion. Great way to be shown the door.
    I dunno, I think some of the responses just for asking a question would qualify for [[[[[[nozzleness...

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Sheesh the dude just asked a question...
    It wasn't the question he asked, it was the disrespectful manner he treated Gaz. She is an honored voice here and doesn't deserve to be backhanded by some punk who can't be bothered to do his own homework.

Oh, cut it out, you guys. He asked a question, he got two instructive responses, one telling him where he could get the answer and one giving him the answer. After he admitted he needed the information for an assignment, I asked him a perfectly legitimate question.

I am honestly concerned that students learn to find information on their own. What could be a more valuable asset to get from school? No one needs to pile on either him or me. True, he did not respond very politely to my question, although I was courteous in my query.

Look at it this way. He either learned something, or he did not. End of story.

Mean! He could have made it more of a discussion topic- "Did anyone from this board attend?" He could have asked details that may have augmented his paper, but maybe he just feels comfortable here. There are many discussion threads that could be answered by research.

What triggered the question was his statement that he needed it for a history paper. And if you think my question was mean, you don't know me.

Come to think of it, it is intriguing that the Temptations are part of history. Love it!