Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks MoparDan! You should see the smile on my face. I just love that one!
    Last edited by eriedearie; December-24-09 at 02:18 PM.

My name's not...Mary, or Jerry, its TErrrrererrrrerery

Angry Dad Guest

Still roll on the floor laughing whenever I get the chance to catch the funniest show of all time...... Adam 12.

Love the lyrics to the theme song.... "see the man.....415 in progress.... fight with chains and knives"

My name's not...Mary, or Jerry, its TErrrrererrrrerery
    That's the Ferndale cops right ?

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    I know Gistok! That's what mean - those two could be my parents! They feed off of each other. When my parents are in their funny mode at a family gathering - it's a riot. And they've NEVER even seen the show! We even tell them they're like Frank and Marie - they look at us like we're from Mars.

They're so funny...they only watch cable TV cause since they pay for it they can get their money's worth! You can't tell them anything. Regular network shows - they don't have a clue!
    Eriedearie... get your parents started on a gift of "Fruit of the Month Club"... and watch the fun begin...

I've been watching Sonny and Cher lately to get some fashion and hairdo tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r2MWRib_T4

Mayberry RFD is always a favorite. My hubby is always yelling "come here, watch this" and then he'll recite the lines. Usually, it has to do with "Barn". One of our favorites is when Andy, Barney and their girlfriends fix Goober up with a girl and he starts cuttin' the rug!

ccbatson Guest

Wasn't there a character first name of Howard who took a prominent role in the Mayberry RFD, but not in the original Andy Griffith show? Who was that guy...besides the original shark jumper.

Dark Shadows, God I loved that show when I was a kid!

Wait a minute... wasn't Mayberry RFD the later version of Andy Griffiths without Andy [[replaced by Ken Berry)?
    Dark Shadows? Angelique, Barnabas, Quentin and Elizabeth Collins Stoddard... who hadn't left Collinwood in 18 years.... Dark Shadows was the premier of several TV stars, such as Kate Jackson.

ccbatson Guest

Ken Berry...that must be the guy playing the character named Howard [[something or other).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    The Monkees for the George Barris car.
    The Munsters for the George Barris car.
    the monkeemobile was styled by Dean Jeffries

I liked the Monkees because they skewered every part of 60s pop culture

I'm in shock that people actually find Two and a Half Men to be a funny show.

you are right gistok/ my mistake

I loved Dark Shadows.
    also:
    F Troop
    Hogan's Heroes
    When Things Were Rotten
    Get Smart!
    Sledge Hammer!

Soap, and Mary Hartman Mary Hartman, those shows were way ahead of their time.

M*A*S*H...no explanation necessary. I stop surfing when I find that show.

Apparently dear sweet Aunt Bee [[Francis Bavier) on Andy Griffiths wasn't such a sweet old lady after all. She didn't like Andy, and was tempermental and cold.

The cast and staff had to walk on eggshells around her [[she lived 1903-89).

4 months before her passing, she called Andy Griffiths in 1989, and was very appologetic for having been so mean to him throughout the years.
    Last edited by Gistok; April-13-09 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Apparently dear sweet Aunt Bee on Andy Griffiths wasn't such a sweet old lady after all.
    Aunt Bee a bitch? No!

I'm with you, Rb, my list is similar. We must be about the same age.

Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks among other things, had the entire catalog of Hogan's Heroes transferred from B&W film to High Def...it really is spectacular. I think you can only see them on his HD channel, though.

caught hogan's heroes once on the RTN channel 7.2. It still cracked me up. it seems that RTN would rather have that re-make of the munsters than actual decent stuff. They also seem to play the same 4 episodes of Ellery Queen every sunday night

I have that Universal HD channel. I didn't know WTF it was when it first popped up on my guide. Now I know it is for watching Hogan's Heroes in HD.

Anything with Star Trek or Stargate in it - except the last Star Trek series "Enterprise", it was weak. And why? Because I am a sci-fi fanatic, always have been.

ccbatson Guest

I too loyally watched all of the Star Treks, even when they were weak. Hopefully, the new movie will recharge the franchise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2