Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Old TV reruns that you love - and why.

I'm watching the Honeymooners now, and I realize how close that is to the "King of Queens" which I love. I never saw it during prime time, as there was probably something better on the History Channel. Also Malcolm in the Middle always cracks me up. I guess struggling, blue collar family sit - coms, that are well written, hit close to home.

Also : The Monkees for the George Barris car.
    The Munsters for the George Barris car.
    The Beverly Hillbillies for the George Barris car.
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-10-09 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Whoops !

ccbatson Guest

Jack Benny has a lot of hidden treasures currently recycled.

Because you like Picard's naked chest?

I forgot it was an essay question.

Miami Vice. Why? It was my favorite show on TV ever.

I like "Simon and Simon" and "Rockford Files" just because of the theme songs.In my opinion, those had the best opening music.
    The one I miss the most that I haven't seen in years is "Hardcastle and McCormick". I watched the intro's on youtube and it brought back memories of my brother and I as little kids gathered in front of the tv watching it.

I know it's not old but Reno 911 is pee your pants funny!

Quote Originally Posted by rajdet View Post
    I know it's not old but Reno 911 is pee your pants funny!
    yes it is

It's not that old of a rerun but I love to watch "Everybody Loves Raymond" - why - it could be a story about my family on so many levels. Especially Frank and Marie. Those characters were based on my parents. They had to be!!

I also like "Seinfeld" - why - cause it is just plain funny. The whole ensemble on that show was meant to work together. Every story line about nothing, turned out to be about something. All the mundane things that we take as a part of our daily living and never give a 2nd thought to it. You know "same $hit - different day" - there's a story in getting a manicure, going to the grocery store, taking a vacation - it all just worked, cause that's every day life.

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    I also like "Seinfeld" - why - cause it is just plain funny. The whole ensemble on that show was meant to work together. Every story line about nothing, turned out to be about something. All the mundane things that we take as a part of our daily living and never give a 2nd thought to it. You know "same $hit - different day" - there's a story in getting a manicure, going to the grocery store, taking a vacation - it all just worked, cause that's every day life.
    It's one of my favorites. Most everyone in my section can quote lines & dialog.
    George's answering machine scene is one of my favorites:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP3gdxkaJLI&NR=1

Oh I forgot about M*A*S*H - whenever I can pry the controls out of Mr. Erie's hand --- and I hit on that show I stop right there.

Yeah - Seinfeld had so many good episodes. It is very hard to pick just one favorite - but I totally LOL at the "hole in one" every time I see it.

After a Leave it to Beaver marathon, I don't watch as much, but to see Wally hosting a party at his house for his High School buddies is almost shocking now. Everybody wears dark suits and skinny ties, and their hair has to be Brylcreemed just right.
    I'm in my mid 50's and the closest I ever came to that, was a bitchin' green Nehru jacket.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    After a Leave it to Beaver marathon, I don't watch as much, but to see Wally hosting a party at his house for his High School buddies is almost shocking now. Everybody wears dark suits and skinny ties, and their hair has to be Brylcreemed just right.
    I'm in my mid 50's and the closest I ever came to that, was a bitchin' green Nehru jacket.
    The Monkees - the car
    Two and a Half Men [[That kid's comedic timing is the best!)

Eriedearie... gotta agree with you on Everybody Loves Raymond. And they give Frank the best lines... upon hearing Marie tell him she was just a "trophy wife"... Frank blurts out "Holy Crap... what lottery in Hell did I win?"

I also love the Leave It To Beaver... and another one of my favorites was The Andy Griffiths Show.... I love Floyd the Barber, and Barney is a hoot!

And I love the insanity of Green Acres....

I'm also a fan of the British Comedy shows from the BBC...

PBS show Keeping Up Appearances is hilarious with "the Bucket woman" [["it's Bouquet....") "no you cannot have an order of fish balls... this is not the Chinese Oriental Takeout... this is a pearl white slimline telephone with no Oriental association whatsoever... ).

PBS show Are You Being Served is also funny... gotta love Mrs. Slocum and her pussy [[her cat). She's always referring to her cat... "at the first sign of danger the hair on my pussy stands straight up!"

And the latest BBC comedy [[on cable, too racy for PBS) is Little Britain USA... it is absolutely hilarious... Ellie Grace is my favorite...

"you bet your life" because groucho cracks me up; "the munsters" because fred gwynne
    was a genius; "the addams family" because i always wanted to grow up to be morticia and marry
    gomez; "whats my line" the oldest version because it also totally cracks me up.

LodgeDodger Guest

Does anyone rememeber the British comedy, The Young Ones? I LOVED watching that show!

Still have it on video.

ccbatson Guest

Young Ones is available on DVD..classic post Python British comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Eriedearie... gotta agree with you on Everybody Loves Raymond. And they give Frank the best lines... upon hearing Marie tell him she was just a "trophy wife"... Frank blurts out "Holy Crap... what lottery in Hell did I win?"
    I know Gistok! That's what mean - those two could be my parents! They feed off of each other. When my parents are in their funny mode at a family gathering - it's a riot. And they've NEVER even seen the show! We even tell them they're like Frank and Marie - they look at us like we're from Mars.

They're so funny...they only watch cable TV cause since they pay for it they can get their money's worth! You can't tell them anything. Regular network shows - they don't have a clue!

Martin. His various characters are creative and funny. And "bro man" reminds me of some fellas from my youth.

After many years of enjoying the black and white Twilight Zone shows, I'm just now finally becoming disinterested. These shows draw you in.

Sanford and Son, In Living Color, and Welcome Back Kotter [[sic), for their humor.

The Alfred Hitchcock Hour at 1 am. They use plot driven shows from the 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    Yeah - Seinfeld had so many good episodes. It is very hard to pick just one favorite - but I totally LOL at the "hole in one" every time I see it.
    Just for you!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8KUgUqprw

Thinking on Sienfeld, my two young boys laughingly refer to me as "Kramer" because of the grandiose way I enter their bedrooms at bedtime. I barge in just like Kramer and say obnoxious things to them like "what are you doing you little rugrats?" or "Hey, what do you think this is, party central? - GOTO bed NOW!!!". They always laugh at this approach [[because I'm sort of a pushover).

Most of the shows I do watch are reruns. I never really watched Seinfeld,Two and 1/2 men, and Everybody loves Raymond in primetime. Sanford and Son pretty much paints a picture of my life, Except with more people in the house.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast