Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Paging JAMS!

Default Paging JAMS!

Where are you? Have not seen a post from you in quite some time. We've got Jjaba back and you're missing!

Attachment 3734

Jams - I'm wondering if you've gotten into the harvest of the black walnuts this year. Our friend came through for us again, and we started on them this afternoon. The squirrels around here have been eying me; waiting to see if I leave those precious babies unguarded when I have to come into the house. They think they're gonna snatch some! LOL
    Last edited by eriedearie; December-24-09 at 02:18 PM.

We discovered a black walnut tree in a neighboring yard, the house there is empty. The squirrels showed us the black walnuts. They have been carrying what I thought were green apples all over our yard for weeks now. I realized they were black walnuts when one was left on the driveway. Ginger and I went exploring and found the tree. Unfortunately it looks like the squirrels have pretty much harvested the nuts by now. I'll know to pay attention next year.

I just found out Sunday that his computer is out, I'll let him know and see if I can get an answer!

Cheers

Oh thanks Gannon! Tell him I miss his outlook on many of the threads lately. Hope his computer gets fixed, and he is back among us soon!

Gaz - if you pay attention to that tree in your neighbor's yard next year, you'll reap some very tasty rewards for all your efforts.

Thanks eriedearie,

Multiple problems with my various computers the last month or so has kept me away from the board for a while. I've been back for a few days now, just reading and catching up. One thing is I got around to several projects around the house with all the extra time I had without the distraction of a computer.

No the trees did not bear any nuts this year, probably next year though.

Warmest wishes for a wonderful holiday season to all here!

Jams -
    Once you get over the first few days without DetroitYes, it's not too bad. I did not miss Cc one bit. Welcome back !

p.s. Hey Erie !

Hey Guys! The gang's all back together again! BigB and Jams - Glad to see ya both back. I noticed Jams over on another thread. Cool.

I did not know that about the trees - that they would take a year off? Oh you would not believe the harvest we got this year! They have been curing for quite some time now.

I've made the BEST cookies with the fruits of last year's labor. I believe some of my family members for Christmas dinner tomorrow are gonna swoon when they taste them!