Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: just for fun

Default just for fun

Pets are great. We are empty nesters and our very ugly dog makes us laugh. Please share pet stories!

Sittin' in my lap purring it's fool head off. Why don't they get a sore throat from purring or barking?

flipping her "chew stick" up in the air a few times then staring it down with her rear in the air

We only have a bird and birds don't do much in the way of being entertaining. But our neighbor's golden lab has given us so much laughter. They got him as a 9 week old puppy and handed him across the fence into my arms. Now, I'm not a dog person, but this little guy won my heart. Rudy is so funny. He loves to have his tummy rubbed/scratched. He sees us on the porch and comes running under the fence, hops on the porch, and slides belly up right to us. Here he is getting a drink from our little pisser boy fountain this summer. He's much, much bigger now.
    Last edited by eriedearie; December-24-09 at 02:18 PM.

My dog is a puggle probably the original. We got him second hand. He is old, stinky and too funny for words. He loves every creature on earth. I think he is on a first name basis with the squirrels and rabbits that eat my garden plants. We have an elderly friend that is not a dog person but her next door neighbors have a teacup something dog. The neighbors take the little dog to visit her sometimes and it lights up her day.

We had a golden who was the perfect pet to raise kids around. I ran a day care in my home, and the babies especially loved our dog. One of the little guys loved to sit on the floor by the dog and practice his language skills. He would poke a pudgy finger into the dog's eye and solemnly pronounce, "Ah-yee. Gog ah-yee." Then the boy would plug a dog nostril and declare it a "No'!" That sweet beast would always lie still no matter the torment, as if he understood there was no malice intended by these "puppies." He never, ever growled or nipped, even when ears and other body parts got tugged too hard. When he'd had enough, he'd start licking faces until the babies backed off.

He protected those babies, too. Once, a dad who had never been to my house stopped by [[the mom always dropped off and picked up). My dog herded the children - including his - into the kitchen and stood four-square in the doorway between them and this 'strange' man, his ruff standing out and his teeth bared so that he looked like a giant golden wolf.

My dear doggie lived a long life amd jas been gone for more than a decade. I still miss him.
    Last edited by Corn.Bot; October-30-09 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo correction

My wife - and I emphasize "my wife" - has a dog. It's half Shi-Tsu and half bladder. She gets his lovin' and I get the vet bills. She gets the companionship and I get to walk him. If the wife is sitting at the kitchen table and I enter the room, he bares his teeth and barks at me. Woe be unto me if the wife is in the bathroom and I try to get near. But if I'm home alone with him, then I'm his long-lost buddy. That is, until the wife walks in the door.

This animal is a one-person dog, for sure. When the wife wears this one out, I'm not letting her get another one.

Quote Originally Posted by turkeycall View Post
    My wife - and I emphasize "my wife" - has a dog. It's half Shi-Tsu and half bladder. She gets his lovin' and I get the vet bills. She gets the companionship and I get to walk him. If the wife is sitting at the kitchen table and I enter the room, he bares his teeth and barks at me. Woe be unto me if the wife is in the bathroom and I try to get near. But if I'm home alone with him, then I'm his long-lost buddy. That is, until the wife walks in the door.

This animal is a one-person dog, for sure. When the wife wears this one out, I'm not letting her get another one.

lol Seem like you playa hating on the dog. He just got more game......lol