Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kwame's Hearing

Default Kwame's Hearing

Must say I'm really shocked that as of 7:52, this is the first thread to develop over Kwame's hearing.
    Here's the link to the Freep.com story: http://www.freep.com/article/2009102...th-cash--loans

I have a hard time believing these business people gave...er...loaned him $240K out of the goodness of their hearts. You know he has dirt on them.

And the fact that he has no clue who pays his morgage or if Carlita has job--unfortunately, I believe it. You can't lie if you purposely hide your head in the sand.

I hope they can find a way to subpoena Carlita for the Nov 17 hearing.

He said he was sorry....

Ravine Guest

Yeah, that's what he said, and during tonight's Q&A on WADL-TV 38, a couple of candidates removed themselves from my "maybe" list by vomiting up that wholly unacceptable "he's been punished, let's leave him alone and move on" horseshit.

2blocksaway Guest

Roger Penske's statement

“Together with several other business leaders, I made a personal loan to former Mayor Kilpatrick last year in response to his concern for the welfare of his family following the disclosures which led to his resignation. To date, the full amount of the loan remains outstanding.”

It just goes to show you that shady back door money can come from anyone.

Penske, Karmanos, Gilbert these are three of the biggest hitters around here and they all gave this corrupt mo-fo big money. For what is the real question.

Who cares about Matty? We all know how he operates.

At least every D-Yes clones other favorite whipping boy Illitch didn't line Kwames pockets.

I know everybody hates Illitch but give him some credit for being above this.

It may be possible that to expedite the process for Kwame to leave office, these loans were made to avoid a drawn out political crisis for the City. To say Kwame has dirt on somebody without any evidence presented to corroborate the charge is empty. These men had major financial commitments to the City of Detroit so they may have been acting in their own self-interest in making the "loan" to Kwame. It's only $240K split four ways. Chump change for these guys.
    Last edited by eno; October-29-09 at 10:59 PM.

Ravine Guest

I have some serious issues as re: Kwame, but the loans? No, not particularly. If folks with money decide to loan out some of that money, that's their business, and it ain't hurting me if they loan it to Kwame. Why they did it, whether or not they get it back, if so when, etc.... None of it concerns me or the city, the way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    None of it concerns me or the city, the way I see it.
    I must beg to differ. This does indeed concern the city that he owes a million dollars to. This should have been declared an asset, or at least declared.

Carlita, are you listening, honey? He just declared those YOUR assets. Take the kids & run!

Another reason for me to play the Mega millions, Pay off Kwames debt to the city with the stipulation that he stay in Texas and never return.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    Another reason for me to play the Mega millions, Pay off Kwames debt to the city with the stipulation that he stay in Texas and never return.
    I'm quite sure he has no desire to return here, unlesss he had no choice.

I'll admit it. I'm really irritated with this bloated arrogant thug. I can't even be objective to this sort of arrogance any more. I was really REALLY hoping that KK would just swallow his bitter pill, saunter his wide behind down to Texas on Pete Karmanos' burro, pay his restitution quietly, make nice with Carlita, play with his kids, and just leave us alone.

But Noooooooooooo [[all apologies to Steve Martin)...

He has to play fuzzy with his income, he wants to pay next near nothing, he wants to hide the fact that he's clueless about Carlita's income and just a major big bloated boil again on the ass of Detroit. He's also back to make four of the city's bog money players look like co-conspirators. We're all left thinking "what's KK got on these guys?" Just how corrupt is this city now?

I just wish the Kilpatrick stench would wash away. All the way from his kooky mother to all of the cronies that have supported him as he brought embarrassment and shame to this City. In this day and age when just maybe things are looking up [[we coming out of the Recession?), this arrogant self indulgent political egomaniac has to bring his bloated waistline back to fill up our widescreen televisions now.

Note to Kwame: if you truly believe that you love this City, leave. Leave and never come back. You've single handedly have brought more shame, lack of trust, hatred and embarrassment to this once proud city. Don't come back. Please. We implore you to stay away and never darken our towels again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Yeah, that's what he said, and during tonight's Q&A on WADL-TV 38, a couple of candidates removed themselves from my "maybe" list by vomiting up that wholly unacceptable "he's been punished, let's leave him alone and move on" horseshit.
    Ravine I didn't see the last half hour of the debate so I missed the "he's been punished........" bull s*&%.
    Would you tell me which candidates said that please? I want to make sure not to cast a vote for anyone who believes that crap about KK.
    Thanks.

This guy is a whole new strain of Swine Flu. He really makes me sick.

His continued arrogance shouldn't be surprising.
    Also I think Karmanos saying he was concerned for the city and paying him to get out was the BEST joke. The dickhead moved him to Texas and gave him a job. He's not concerned about the city. Just the welfare of his INVESTMENTS in the city.
    It's no secret these guys all greased Kwame to get what they wanted in the city. And needless to say Kwame was easily greased.

Quote Originally Posted by eastsidechris View Post
    Must say I'm really shocked that as of 7:52, this is the first thread to develop over Kwame's hearing.
    That's because most of us could care less about him. We just want Detroit to do well, and now that he's out of the picture, Detroit is better off.

Others have a vendetta against him and want to see him suffer. That doesn't interest many of us.

People who really care about Detroit should spend their time and energy paying attention to what Dave Bing is doing and electing some competent people to city council.

Default Matty's Letter to Carlita

Matty Maroun's letter to Carlita is posted on the Detroit News Web site in PDF form. It makes me sick to my stomach.
    http://download.gannett.edgesuite.ne...029mmaroun.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    That's because most of us could care less about him. We just want Detroit to do well, and now that he's out of the picture, Detroit is better off.

Others have a vendetta against him and want to see him suffer. That doesn't interest many of us.

People who really care about Detroit should spend their time and energy paying attention to what Dave Bing is doing and electing some competent people to city council.
    Dave Bing is trying to restructure the city finances, by laying off employees, cutting hours and busting up unions. All thanks to Kwame and all the money the city had to pay out to cover up his affairs. This is all the concern in wanting him to pay. You all better believe those guys didn't bring Kwame into the Good Ole Boys network because he fits the criteria to be there. They didn't bring him in to get him out of town because he's not doing what it takes to stay out of town. They gave him hush money. You better believe someone is doing the same thing for Christine, she will never get another job because she doesn't plan to pay either.

The "loans" to Mr. Kilpatrick are indeed a bit of an unsavory matter. IMHO they weren’t “hush” money, though. The lenders were savvy enough to know that there could be disclosure of the payments at a later time. The better view is that Detroit benefited from this transaction. Mr. Kilpatrick’s resignation was the quid pro quo. In the fall of '08, the city was faced with the real possibility that Mr. Kilpatrick was going to drag it through a perjury trial that probably wouldn't have occurred until Spring '09. Yes, the Governor was probably going to remove the Mayor through her administrative hearing, but Mr. Kilpatrick likely would have appealed that outcome. All in all, the city was looking at many more months of the Mayoral Mess. If the loans put a stop to this and facilitated Mr. Kilpatrick's exit, it was civic charity.

[[Penske, Gilbert and the others know that they aren't getting their money back. Question for the CPA's: If the lenders don't write off the loans as bad debt, does Mr. Kilpatrick have to declare the proceeds as income? )

The most "interesting" information disclosed at the hearing was that in excess of $1million has passed through the Kilpatricks’ accounts in the past year. Despite this fact, Mr. Kilpatrick apparently claims that he has no assets from which he can satisfy his restitution obligation. Also, apparently his almost unfathomable claim is that the Kilpatricks were broke last Fall just before he resigned. How is it possible that they were broke given that in the previous seven years or so, Mr. Kilpatrick had earned approximately $1.2 million through his mayoral salary and Mrs. Kilpatrick had earned at least $100k from doing "work" for various Kilpatrick controlled foundations. The family expenses during that time, while certainly not zero, were quite low given that the city provided the family with housing, utilities, insurance, automobile, some food, and health insurance. Bling expenses were not large enough to consume all of the Kilpatricks' income. Neither did attorneys' fees given that previous disclosures have shown that campaign committee funds were used for that purpose.

Mr. Kilpatrick is clearly shifting and hiding assets. The prosecutor's office should continue to pursue this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalG313 View Post
    Matty Maroun's letter to Carlita is posted on the Detroit News Web site in PDF form. It makes me sick to my stomach.
    only got as far as "my heartstrings..." couldn't take reading anymore

Retroit Guest

Karmanos has said that the money was given to Kwame to "encourage him to resign". Well, let's see what the law says about that.

U.S. Code, Title18, Chapter 11, S201. Bribery of Public Officials...:
    [[b) Whoever -
    [[1) directly or indirectly, corruptly gives, offers or promises anything of value to any public official or person who has been selected to be a public official, or offers or promises any public official or any person who has been selected to be a public official to give anything of value to any other person or entity, with intent—
    [[A) to influence any official act [Resignation is an "official act"];...
    [[2) being a public official or person selected to be a public official, directly or indirectly, corruptly demands, seeks, receives, accepts, or agrees to receive or accept anything of value personally or for any other person or entity, in return for: [[A) being influenced in the performance of any official act;...
    shall be fined under this title or not more than three times the monetary equivalent of the thing of value, whichever is greater, or imprisoned for not more than fifteen years, or both, and may be disqualified from holding any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.
    [[c) Whoever— [[1) otherwise than as provided by law for the proper discharge of official duty— [[A) directly or indirectly gives, offers, or promises anything of value to any public official, former public official, or person selected to be a public official, for or because of any official act performed or to be performed by such public official, former public official, or person selected to be a public official; or
    [[B) being a public official, former public official, or person selected to be a public official, otherwise than as provided by law for the proper discharge of official duty, directly or indirectly demands, seeks, receives, accepts, or agrees to receive or accept anything of value personally for or because of any official act performed or to be performed by such official or person;
    shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than two years, or both.
    [[Reference: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18...1----000-.html)
    I rest my case.

Thanks for this post at 2:25 pm Retroit. I see some headaches for some after this admission by little kk.

I doubt that thug Kwamster has anything on Roger Penske or any of the others.But now is the time for Mr.Karmanos to step up and stand behind his statement that KK joins the ranks of the unemployed if there was any more trouble from him.

Quote Originally Posted by RayStar View Post
    Thanks for this post at 2:25 pm Retroit. I see some headaches for some after this admission by little kk.
    They deserve whatever they have coming. Thumbs up to the Illitch family for not letting their name get slung through the mud with the Kilpatricks.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalG313 View Post
    The Moron might be a lot of things, but stupid he ain't! I'm pretty certain that this letter was all preplanned to help cover up the money at the time. He wrote it as instructed, and knew it would one day be publicized so he would be "in the clear".

Love how he blames all of Carlita and family's problems on "cynical politics" and not Kwame's ding dong and lack of self control. Not to mention Kwame just being a big old fat loser.

Swingline great analysis.

I have been having a very hard time with the over $1,000,000 that has passed through the Kwansters accounts in the last year, where does someone that makes $150,000 come up with the kind of money flowing in and out of their accouts.

Buy American Guest

Default Who is the surprise witness? [Kilpatrick Restitution Hearing]

I have an idea who the witness may be....does anyone have any input on this topic?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast