Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Bearinabox Guest

Default I don't know the name of my former phone exchange...

...so please don't call me. Thanks!

Retroit Guest

Darn, I was going to call you so we could get high on pot, steal a car, hold up a liquor store, burn down some houses, and hire some hoes. Oh well, I guess I'll just stay home and watch Leave it to Beaver reruns.

My area code is [[702). Just try all the possible combinations following that, and you might get me. Glad to help. No fair using Zabasearch.

Waaalnut!!

jjaba's phone number is DAvison 4-2919. Call anytime, not after 8pm. jjaba turns in early.
    Detroit 4, Michigan

jjaba, love from the Westside.

GArfield was mine, and to this day my Aunt and Uncles now my cousins was and is PA2-XXXX which I belive was Parkside?. And to ask a question is the real Jjaba back?

VI - newood 32610. River Rouge 18, Michigan.

WAlnut 3-7019, Detroit 13, Michigan

Was TWinbrook [[892) and Busia - in now destroyed Pole Town area - TRinity [[872) area. Now, who knows what number is where,

what the hell are you guys talk about here/?

Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    what the hell are you guys talk about here/?
    Must be a youngster........ATlantic-1XXX, changed to DUnkirk-1XXXX. Lincoln Park 25, MI. These are the old telephone exchanges before they were changed to all numbers. Also the old postal codes before the zip codes were introduced.
    Last edited by lpg; October-30-09 at 07:52 AM.

Calling from the KEnwood....

Tashmoo Det 9

Yes, the real jjaba has resurfaced. He was being held in a Witness Protection Program in an Eastside Warehouse. Some issues remain but Parole Officer is smoothing out the kinks.

jjaba, Proudly Westside.

TElegraph?8-3415, Detroit 27, though I'm young enough to have never written either.

Still chillin' in the 482.

Ha, I have you all beat mine was FO[[rest)2-3107! In fact well into the 80's we could dial someone with just the last 5 numbers and it would connect!. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!

TUxedo 2 - 1267 from Farmbrook [[between Southampton and Frankfort)
    Detroit, 24 Michigan. [[lo, these many years ago). Don't know who has the number now.

Had a friend in high school who lived on Newport between Charlevoix and Vernor. His phone number was VAlley 2 - 1054. But he lived in the house his mother inherited from her folks. She mentioned that the phone number used to be VAlley 1054 - only six digits instead of seven.
    Last edited by turkeycall; October-31-09 at 06:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Mrs. Gnome hails from Dickerson and Mack ... VA valley 4 ----

Gotta chuckle at poor gopher.
    Last edited by gnome; October-31-09 at 09:43 AM.

VI [[Vinewood) 19733 Detroit 9, MI

Eriedearie, we must not have lived too far from each other in Zone 13. Our phone was WAlnut2-7936. At some nebulous point in the late 60s, our phone got turned off. When it was turned back on a few months later, our WA had morphed to 92... boring! No lilt in saying "923-7170."

As a child I loved saying my uncle's telephone number [[so I'm told). I apparently turned it into a mantra and repeated it until made to shut up. Must be a true story, because to this day I can hear myself chanting, "jay... you... eight-eleven-forty-nine." =}

WE bester 4-5708

Quote Originally Posted by jjaba View Post
    Yes, the real jjaba has resurfaced. He was being held in a Witness Protection Program in an Eastside Warehouse. Some issues remain but Parole Officer is smoothing out the kinks.

jjaba, Proudly Westside.
    Welcome back Jjaba, you'll be glad to know that we cleaned up the vermn on the Eastside by eradicating ES61 & GoBlue, so feel welcomed to that side of town anytime.

TUxedo 44-0?? [[ in use with another family) but we had that number for 52 years until mom passed away in "02...Detroit, 14,Michigan, Mack and Manistique,

Was no 911 back then. DPD was WOodward 2-5700 and DFD was WOodward 2-0400. Lot of zeros on a rotary phone to dial if you had an emergency back then.

Oh. Home was WEbster 4-2539. Me 'n 1st_Sgt must have been close.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Was no 911 back then. DPD was WOodward 2-5700 and DFD was WOodward 2-0400. Lot of zeros on a rotary phone to dial if you had an emergency back then.

Oh. Home was WEbster 4-2539. Me 'n 1st_Sgt must have been close.
    Non one dialed the phone for a pre 911 emergency. Just picked up the phone and told Sarah the operator to connect you to the Sam Drucker who was head of the volunteer fire department. Oh wait, that was Hooterville not Detroit. Never mind.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast