Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default What's going on at the Metropolitan building?

I walked by on my way to lunch today and saw the scaffolding. Anyone know what's up?

They are also shooting on the movie "Crave" on Broadway and feeding the crew in the alley to the right in the photo. Due to the sewage work going on in the left of the photo, it smells all over John R here.

The scaffolding has been up for awhile. My guess is that is is like the Broderick scaffolding - to prevent pieces of the building from falling on people, not because any work is being done.

Well, it's been up for a week or so anyway. I'll wait until I see some workers and ask them. I ride my scooter by there every day going home.
    The sewage peeps have been there starting last Friday. Be warned if you are going to the Crepe place...

Jeanette, the owner of the Downtown Welcome Center [[also my sister's roommate) mentioned to me that the DEGC owns the building and is planning to redevelop it. Jeanette heard this straight from George Jackson.

The metropolitan building had the football mural on it, correct?

Is the protective scaffolding in place because George Jackson has also declared the Metropolitan Building "structurally unsound"?

Maybe it's one of the four other buildings that that Clinton TWP investment firm is planning on renovating...

Geo Jax and Adamo's next target?

George Jackson reminds me a lot of Sadaam's Minister of Information!

"There are no problems, and our army is performing beautifully!"

Quote Originally Posted by dcmorrison12 View Post
    Jeanette, the owner of the Downtown Welcome Center [[also my sister's roommate) mentioned to me that the DEGC owns the building and is planning to redevelop it. Jeanette heard this straight from George Jackson.

The metropolitan building had the football mural on it, correct?
    Yes it is, I was kinda sad when I first saw that was gone lol