Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New detective novel set in Detroit

Hello, I am a Detroit native, and newly self-published author of an action thriller book featuring a hard-hitting female detective that takes place in Detroit called Motor City Murder.

I was born in Detroit and raised in Oakland County. I love Detroit and wanted my first book to capture the complexity of the city, its problems and hopes - and its diverse population - all the while featuring a strong female protagonist.

Below is a short description of the book and a link to my website. I currently live in Portland, Oregon but I am very happy to connect on this forum with my Detroit friends. I had a lot of fun writing the book, I hope some of you check it out and enjoy it as well.

Book Description - Motor City Murder:
    Called back to Detroit to track down her mother’s murderer, Detective Deanna Dopp unravels long-kept secrets and city corruption in this racially tense city that leads her straight to City Hall and the powerful Mayor Hank Jenkins.

Deanna, with the aid of her ex-police partner, Gabe Flynn, digs deep into the back alleys, morgues and politics of Detroit, to reveal what neighbors, cops and family members tried to bury long ago. Blind ambition, racism, a secret illegitimate child, murder, and an all too brief mother-daughter reunion, swirl in the stifling summer air as Deanna searches for the truth.

Amazon book link:
    http://www.amazon.com/MOTOR-MURDER-Megan-Clare-Johnson/dp/1601459106

My website: www.MeganClareJohnson.com

Best Regards,
    Megan

Retroit Guest

I've got enough murders on the nightly news to satisfy my appetite, but thanks for the offer. Let me guess... the Mayor did it, but he was acquitted for murder and is now living a life of luxury in Dallas?