I didn't believe it, but there it is:

http://freep.com/article/20091028/NE...-text-messages

"Y'all done set me up for a comeback"

Or... I love the city so much, I want money from it

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    "Y'all done set me up for a comeback"

Or... I love the city so much, I want money from it
    You read the story, d.mcc?
    "But any damages from the suit would go to the city of Detroit and not Kilpatrick, said Kilpatrick’s lawyer, James Thomas, who filed the lawsuit.
    “He's asking for the money for the city,” Thomas said. “He doesn’t want a penny.”"

Yes I read the story. It appears as though, again he is trying to place the blame of his wrong doings and illegal activities on someone else.

The only reason the City lost money, is because he broke the law in the first place...

And as I have read the Confidentiality Agreement was illegal in the first place, so how can a convicted felon sue for something that was illegal.

And as I have read the Confidentiality Agreement was illegal in the first place, so how can a convicted felon sue for something that was illegal.
    Kinda like suing a home owner for tripping on his carpet while robbing the place!

Didn't Stefani give the Freep the messages Prior to signing the confidentiality agreement?

If so did he really break the agreement that he wouldn't disclose the texts after he signed?

I know that would be splitting hairs, but that seems to be Kwame's MO why shouldn't Stefani get to use it?

Kwame suit against Stefani will be thrown out immediately. Its based off an agreement between lawyers that were completely unethical and illegal. Kwame doesn't want to accept responsibility for his actions that are clearly criminal. He is a pathetic narcissist. I hope they put his big fat butt in jail for the maximum time he could serve for perjury. They should have charged him with theft as well, because he robbed the city.

bartock Guest

This is a PR move, designed to spark another "us vs. them" mantra as Kwame will eventually look to be in political office in Detroit someday. I am not aware of anyone being able to sue someone for what amounts to a breach of agreement to assist with perjury. Hopefully, Detroiters [[I don't live in Detroit, just pay taxes) will have seen some improvements by then and ignore this clown.

Go back to Dallas, KING KWAME and pay your bills!

Maybe Kwame has a future as a standup comedian. Jeez he's got great material. Who the heck writes his stand up routine?