Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Remember Mr. F's Beef & Bourbon in Sterling Heights?

If you do, then you might also remember the tremendously successful tribute shows owner Tom Furtney created there called Salute to the Superstars.

Well, after 20 years, Salute to the Superstars is being revived!

Starting in 2010 at Andiamo Showplace, just off of Van Dyke and 14 Mile, Salute to the Superstars will be doing a monthly concert series full of Michigan's best tribute artists.

From tributes to Elvis Presley, The Blues Brothers, Barbra Streisand, Rod Stewart, The Temptations, Jackie Wilson, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw and tons more... see a Vegas style dinner show like nothing else in the area.

http://www.salutetothesuperstars.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14zuSCwS_3U
    http://www.andiamoshowroom.com/

I have very fond memories of Mr. F's and Tom Furtney. I'm glad to see the show is being revived although it won't be the same without Kenny Rogers.

Just a reminder that the 1st of 12 monthly Salute To The Superstars Celebrity Tribute shows kicks off this Thursday at Andiamo Celebrity Show Room.

Thursday, January 14th
    Andiamo Celebrity Showroom
    7096 E. 14 Mile Rd.
    Warren, MI. 48092

Barbra Streisand performed at Mr.F's by Sybil Vincent, Motown's Legend Jackie Wilson performed by Rob Carter, Michigan's #1 Rod Stewart performed by Art Reed, The Solitary Man Neil Diamond performed by Mark Thomas and the Queen of Soul Miss. Aretha Franklin performed by Barbara Love and all backed by the Radio City Band under the direction of Tom Mulawka. Your Master of Ceremonies for the evening will be vocal impressionist Dave Zoran.

YOUTUBE VIDEO

Doors open 6:30pm, Dinner 7:15pm, Showtime 8:00pm to 10:00pm. Tickets are only $47.00p/p also VIP seating with back stage passes are are available for only $57.00p/p with limited seating available. Both tickets can be purchased here online, with no ticket fee, or by calling Ticket Master at 800.745.3000 tickets also can be purchased at Andiamo Celebrity Showroom. This series of shows will sell out quickly. Order your tickets now or purchase season tickets for 2010.

www.salutetothesuperstars.com

I wondered why the Mr. F's Beef and Bourbon Bull had taken up new residence in Andiamo's parking lot last week.

Before Mr. F's, it was just Furtney's. I had my 1st legal drink there: 1965.

My wife's sister, Sharon, was a Olivia Newton-John impersonator there. Unfortunately, she passed away several years ago. She was also Dave Coulier's sister [[so is my wife).

My girlfriend back then wanted to visit her old friend for a Sunday morning coffee. I didn't want to go and meet her, until I was told she was the Natalie Wood impersonator at Mr. F's. I was like a little kid looking forward to that. And her boyfriend was the tour sound engineer for Herbie Hancock. Best coffee conversation ever.