Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Obama Rushing Bills Through...

I know the title is slightly deceiving, but on my drive home tonight I played a game I like to call, "listen to right wing radio as long as I can stomach it." Usually, said game lasts around 2 minutes, today though I was compelled to listen because I was getting quite angry.

The host was railing against Obama for taking over a month to force through legislation on economic stimulus packages aimed at assisting troubled sectors out of an ever-worsening economy. My anger stemmed from the fact that no one said ANYTHING about Bush and the Right-Wing slamming BOTH versions of the PATRIOT ACT down our throats in less than 2 weeks.

Double-standard? Hypocrisy? Just plain stupidity? Discussions welcome please...

all of the above...

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    all of the above...
    Sadly, I am very concerned about the state of the American Public. If Americans are so concerned about the state of their savings/checking accounts...perhaps the desire to worry about civil liberties afforded by the constitution mean less than the almighty dollar...

Haste, makes waste. lol. Sorry, I could not help it right there. Your opening post sounds like thoughts I have had on occasion. I get it. Don't muzzle the far right, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Don't muzzle the far right, I say.
    I am not saying muzzle everyone... Voices should be heard, and listened too, but don't make an argument you yourself helped to create 8 years earlier.

One could argue that a fragile economy is just as devastating to our national security as terrorism...

Quote Originally Posted by d.mcc View Post
    ...don't make an argument you yourself helped to create 8 years earlier.
    Devil you know?

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Don't muzzle the far right, I say.

oh hell no -- the more they rant, the more the general public sees them for the nutjobs they are

I'm glad the media has ventured off into a circus environment with zero credibility left for actual thinking individuals. Propaganda tool neutralized. And they did it to themselves. Unregulated and unrestrained. Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves. Turn that schitt off.

Quote: "I played a game I like to call, "listen to right wing radio as long as I can stomach it." Usually, said game lasts around 2 minutes,"

Funny..

Well, that's exactly what it is. I am not excusing hosts on the left either. I can really only stomach Alex Bennett and Lynn Samuels, that is probably due to the fact that they aren't just towing the party line.

ccbatson Guest

Why can't a liberal stomach conservative radio? The truth hurts and is hard to swallow when it goes against the values that have been instilled [[a generous descriptor) into a person.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Why can't a liberal stomach conservative radio? The truth hurts and is hard to swallow when it goes against the values that have been instilled [[a generous descriptor) into a person.
    A liberal can't stomach conservative radio because this liberal is smart enough to investigate on his own on both sides of the dial, to know what is propaganda and what is not.

And why can't you respond to people without the condescending and insulting tone that an asshole would use? Just curious.

Cc is probably one of those peopel who rails agaisnt the government infringing on the civil and personal liberties of the individual, yet supports the PATRIOT ACT, the ban on abortion, and probably thought the Republican party was correct in their stance in the Terry Schaivo case...

Lorax Guest

People like Batts have little busts of their heroes on their desks, like Mussolini and Ayn Rand.

ccbatson Guest

The Patriot act...a TEMPORARY and necessary measure during wartime...THAT OBAMA PROMISED TO RESCIND [[or allow to expire), but...???

Abortion is not as black and white, however, used as birth control, without a medical indication, and with the rights of an innocent added into the equation, then no, it should not be considered a right of choice for the mother to overule the most basic right to her offspring/fetus.

Schaivo I am not as well versed in the particulars [[as I doubt you are), however, if she were vegetative, it is not likely that she was experiencing much of anything let alone suffering, so arguing for her better interests by ending her life is not a solid basis to decide.

The Patriot act...a TEMPORARY and necessary measure during wartime...THAT OBAMA PROMISED TO RESCIND [[or allow to expire), but...???

Abortion is not as black and white, however, used as birth control, without a medical indication, and with the rights of an innocent added into the equation, then no, it should not be considered a right of choice for the mother to overule the most basic right to her offspring/fetus.

Schaivo I am not as well versed in the particulars [[as I doubt you are), however, if she were vegetative, it is not likely that she was experiencing much of anything let alone suffering, so arguing for her better interests by ending her life is not a solid basis to decide.
    On the contrary, who decides when the offspring gains rights? The government choosing is essentially forcing the beliefs of some religions on others, which is strictly forbidden under our constitution. That is another infringement of the civil liberties you love so much. Can you afford to pick and choose which ones apply to you, and which ones do not.

And in the case of Terry Schaivo, again yes, if her wishes were indeed to terminate her being if that is what she wanted is again, another infringement on civil liberties.

ccbatson Guest

Why not give them rights at 3 months of age?

"if" regarding Schiavo IS the unanswered question...what if it was not her wish?

You just legalized the black market sale of newborn babies. Good work, doctor.

"if" regarding Schiavo IS the unanswered question...what if it was not her wish?
    Again...sir [[using that term loosely), forcing religious beliefs upon citizens under the guise of constitutional protections... is, um... unconstitutional

ccbatson Guest

How is that religious?

Liberals can't stomach conservative radio because they have a dislike of lies, deceit and propaganda.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Liberals can't stomach conservative radio because they have a dislike of lies, deceit and propaganda.
    Conservative radio has the same effect as drinking powdered mustard in a glass of water- instant vomit.

Lorax Guest

How is that religious?
    Read up on the Schiavo case and you'll know.

A temporary and necessary action? Throughout our history, we've regretted every time we let manipulative politicians use temporary anger over a situation to have us rush legislation that overrides what we almost always stand for. Are you also proud that we took "temporary and necessary action" when we ruined lives during the red scare, imprisoned our own people during WWII, and burned witches in Salem?

9/11 hasn't been mankind's largest horror in history. Stay above the politically driven mob frenzy. American values and character, as outlined by a greatest Constitution the world has ever seen is worth making sacrifices and risks. Freedom isn't free and character isn't decided by the actions of others.

How can you be so good at identifying Democrat's chicken little reactions to the newest apocalypse of the week and not realize when the Republican's play the same lame game? Bush rushed through an unnecessary war and a billionaire takeover of our banking decisions. Now, Obama has been stopped from doing the same thing with an unnecessary cap and trade and a bureaucratic takeover of our health decisions. What are you and Fox entertainment crying about again?

ccbatson Guest

Lorax, clearly my comments were not based on religion, yet, as usual, liberals try to evade actual issues by playing racial and religious themes where they don't belong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast