Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ford Trusted Reliability - This time its Consumer Reports

http://www.freep.com/article/2009102...iability-study

I think a few of you wanted to see Ford touted in Consumer Reports, not "just in the RDA survey" where Ford quality was noted as on par with Toyota and Honda.

So, follow the link and feel free to celebrate.

"Ford Motor Co. has secured its position as the only domestic automaker with world-class reliability, according to a report released today by Consumer Reports at a lunch event in Detroit hosted by the Automotive Press Association."

Ford Fusion measured in a 3 year study by Consumer Reports as more reliable than the Toyota Camry or Honda Accord, etcetera...

Holy crap, what got into CR's Kool-Aid? They are praising a domestic car? They are obvioulsy out of touch with their readership!

Hurrah for Ford! Go home team!

Default The End Is Nigh

And raise thine eyes unto to the heavens
    As they darken and hasten the end:
    With rending of earth,
    Wars by strong against weak and pestilence on the wing
    These shall all be signs, the Seven Signs of the Second Coming.
    Fear the coming plague and cleave thee from thy stock
    As they are unclean.

----

Whew, that sounds pretty bad, but I took this pic today and there might be something to all the gibberish. Not for the easiliy offended.

Attachment 3671
    Last edited by gnome; November-12-10 at 02:15 PM.

This has to be another sign of the apocalypse...

In other celebratory news...

http://www.reuters.com/article/press...09+PRN20091028

Ford Wins the Most Automotive Excellence Awards in History From Popular Mechanics Magazine

They better do well. People told me not to, but I bought a thousand shares a little while ago and so far I'm up about 2 thousand dollars.

Go Ford! This is what the American automobile industry needs.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Holy crap, what got into CR's Kool-Aid? They are praising a domestic car? They are obvioulsy out of touch with their readership!
    I remember for YEARS CR would do a review of mustangs. actual reliability ratings were always either "higher than average" or better. predicted reliability was always "much worse than average"

That's why I drive those Fords. Got 300k + out of the previous one. 150k + and counting on the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary View Post
    They better do well. People told me not to, but I bought a thousand shares a little while ago and so far I'm up about 2 thousand dollars.
    When did you buy? Ford is up over 200% from one year ago today, and it's up almost 6-fold from it's low point in mid-November 08. If you had bought 1,000 shares at it's lowest point then you'd be up about 5 grand now...

My last two cars were Mustangs, 2004 and my current 2007. I never had any problems with either of them [[so far for the 2007 one). I did have a minor vibrating braking problem in the 2007 but it was quickly fixed. These Mustangs feel solid and run like a charm. I've am happy with these Ford cars.

My Ford has been running just fine for 83 years. AND it gets 20 mpg!

Great news. Now if only they would build the Fusion in the U.S. and not in Mexico it could be considered a true domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    When did you buy? Ford is up over 200% from one year ago today, and it's up almost 6-fold from it's low point in mid-November 08. If you had bought 1,000 shares at it's lowest point then you'd be up about 5 grand now...

I bought a bunch when it was just above $1, told everyone I knew to do so as well

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I bought a bunch when it was just above $1, told everyone I knew to do so as well
    Me too, got in around 2$ on average. Got 3 other people to buy Ford stock too and my inspiration to buy was from someone on this web page saying it was a good time to buy!

GO FORD!