Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Protesters Crash Bankers Convention

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_333155.html

At one point a protester grabs a megaphone and says:

"The American Bankers Association has helped loosen the rules that protect us, allowing the unfettered greed that has brought us to the brink of a recession. And for those bankers who are members and support the ABA's war against the working and middle class, shame on you!"

The crowd soon begins chanting "Shame On You!" in unison.

Cool. Where are all those "teabag" people? They don't seem to be there.

That's because the teabaggers are more concerned with the nickel that the government is taking while completely overlooking the $20 bill the bankers just lifted from their other pocket.

Shoot the mice, but let the elephants run wild...

Actually, teabaggers booed some Republicans who voted for Bush's Wall Street bailout,of the stage.Obama, by contrast, left the campaign trail to rally Black congressional members to vote in favor of Bush's bailout. He recently appointed a Goldman-Sachs executive to regulate banks and is expanding the powers of the secretive Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve is owned by the largest banks. I agree with the protester's statement except he failed to make the connection between the American Bankers' Association and the politicians they hire.

On a related note, HR1207 would require a thorough audit of the Federal Reserve to see which banks and foreign countries the Federal reserve has been giving our money to. It now has 307 supporters in the House but only 30 in the Senate. Some Republican senators, meanwhile, are crafting a parallel bill that only pretends to audit the Fed.

I hope it passes, oladub. It would be nice to see where the money is going. Maybe it'll cause folks to wake up to just what's going on.

Yes! That's what I have been waiting for. The People of the United States of America declar war on the Plutonomists.

REBEL NOW!

REVOLUTION NOW!

Danny, the word you want is "plutocrats", not "plutonomists".

A plutonomist is someone who studies the methods of production and distribution, like a botonist studies plants, or an economist studies economies.

A plutocracy is a system whereby political power is exercised by the rich, and plutocrats are the people who run that system.

Danny, Former Fed chairman Paul Voelker has made a reform proposal which I think you would approve of. Voelkers' proposal would. "roll back the nation's commercial banks to an earlier era, when they were restricted to commercial banking and prohibited from engaging in risky Wall Street activities." You know, the system that worked for 60-odd years before it was dismantled in 1999." "Volcker wants the nation's banks to be prohibited from owning and trading risky securities, the very practice that got the biggest ones into deep trouble in 2008." Regrettably, "the administration is saying no, it will not separate commercial banking from investment operations."
    -Obama team ignores Volcker at its peril

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Danny, Former Fed chairman Paul Voelker has made a reform proposal which I think you would approve of. Voelkers' proposal would. "roll back the nation's commercial banks to an earlier era, when they were restricted to commercial banking and prohibited from engaging in risky Wall Street activities." You know, the system that worked for 60-odd years before it was dismantled in 1999." "Volcker wants the nation's banks to be prohibited from owning and trading risky securities, the very practice that got the biggest ones into deep trouble in 2008." Regrettably, "the administration is saying no, it will not separate commercial banking from investment operations."
    -Obama team ignores Volcker at its peril

yet more evidence of Obama's center-right politics

Like a bunch of teenagers at a house party, drunk on the housing bubble, trashing the place without a thought for what they'd face when the beer ran out.

And like that analogy, one has to ask: Where were the grown-ups?

ccbatson Guest

WHo are the regulators regulating the regulators....The fed is a corrupt establishment ill conceived from the inception, now we are handing power over to that monstrosity?

Lorax Guest

Hearing only crickets from the Rehtuglicans.

The Teagaggers were too busy gagging on their teabags, not sure which teabags they are gagging on, but doing it nonetheless.

The so-called Town Hall shoutouts were Astroturfing organizations only, and had no basis in reality, or majority viewpoint.

We need more of this genuine outrage over the fascists of Wall Street continuing to wreak more havoc on the American public.

We're in for another year of re-setting ARM's and a commercial loan fallout the likes of which will make the residential one look like a picnic at Batt's cave.

ccbatson Guest

I am not a cricket Lorax...they are protesting the wrong people at the demand of the real villains...nifty trick and REALLY GULLIBLE LIBERALs [[or is redundant to say that?)

Lorax Guest

Don't rub your legs together quite so fast, Cricket.

It leads to chafing as well as bunched up cricket panties.

I didn't call you a cricket, "Doc," it's a metaphor for silence.

Gagged on any interesting teabags lately?
    Last edited by Lorax; October-26-09 at 09:21 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Duh...and was I being silent despite your claim of silence?

Lorax Guest

So now you represent the entire Rethuglican Party?

Well, maybe you do,

http://www.anchorpest.com/identifyin...es/cricket.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    WHo are the regulators regulating the regulators....
    Why, the American People, through their elected representatives. You remember them, don't you? It's that "We the People" referred to in the constitution.
    The fed is a corrupt establishment ill conceived from the inception, now we are handing power over to that monstrosity?
    As I recall, I did agree with the notion of auditing the Fed. Or did you in typical conservative fashion only pay attention to the parts that incensed you?

ccbatson Guest

Auditing is not strong enough...abolish them, and certainly don't empower them as is being done currently.

Quote: "greed that has brought us to the brink of a recession."

The Fed is fudging the numbers. We are in a recession, and have a good start on a depression. Cheese anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ECLxK2YTs

Allan Grayson from Floridas Fightin' 8th...

MY Congressmen

Lorax Guest

Debbie Schultz's district is next to mine, I,unfortunately, have Iliana Ros Lethinen

I, unfortunately have Iliana Ros Lethinen.

The next time that you see Illiana, please ask her if blowing up airplanes filled with civilians is an act of terrorism.

If she says "yes", please ask her why she has not sought the deportation of terrorists like Orlando Bosch and Luis Posada Carriles, The Bin Laden and Mullah Omar of South Florida's Cuban-American Community.

http://www.globalpolicy.org/componen...154/26762.html
    http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB153/index.htm

Lorax Guest

I couldn't agree more.

The double standards are breathtaking.

Our political environment here is probably the only one more corrupt than Detroit's.

Convicted criminals who are barely out of prison get elected all the time.

I hope Obama swings open the doors to Cuba and soon. That should stick a knife in the entitled bunch of wealthy Cuban fascists living here in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    I hope Obama swings open the doors to Cuba and soon. That should stick a knife in the entitled bunch of wealthy Cuban fascists living here in Miami.
    Orlando isn't much better, but I was very surprised Obama carried the District AND a Democratic Representative won. I mean, it's a very young population with progressive beliefs so its not that tough to fathom, but Grayson has been above and beyond my expectations of what he would be able to accomplish as a first term rep.

ccbatson Guest

Possible Sstashmoo, astute observation.

BTW, why are so many Floridians on Dyes?

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Possible Sstashmoo, astute observation.

BTW, why are so many Floridians on Dyes?
    What is this, an exclusive site for Country Club Rethuglicans or something?

Even your one-liners expose you as an elitist, exclusionary individual.

Bravo on the brevity!

Makes it easier to size up the combatant.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast