Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Forans

Default Forans

Is it true there has been a name change at Forans? If so, what is the new name? Thanks.

Foran's Grand Trunk Pub

grandtrunkpub.com

Glad to see Foran's is still open. I had heard rumor that it was closed down.

Foran's was my "watering hole" of Choice when I used to work at NBD across the street.

I just watched Butterfly Effect Pt 3, a few weeks ago, which I didn't realize was filmed in Detroit and there are a few Foran's shots in the movie. That is the Bar of choice for the title character.

Yes, it is definitely still open. In fact, based on my trips there, the place is becoming busier and busier. It wasnt long ago that I was one of the few patrons in the place when I was there, and my past few trips the place has been packed. Hopefully that is a trend and not just based on my trips there.

What was the run down on the roster of the various owner's of Foran's? Because I saw some funky stuff go down there back in 2001-2002.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofdetroit View Post
    Yes, it is definitely still open. In fact, based on my trips there, the place is becoming busier and busier. It wasnt long ago that I was one of the few patrons in the place when I was there, and my past few trips the place has been packed. Hopefully that is a trend and not just based on my trips there.
    Nah, that place is packed pretty much all the time. Probably one of the busiest bars in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Nah, that place is packed pretty much all the time. Probably one of the busiest bars in Detroit.
    This thread is 5 years old

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    Indeed and Foran's is still booming. Great ambience and better than average bar food is the key.

Also, if you want to sound like and in-the-know local you can pronounce it 'Frans'.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    haha whoops. Well it's definitely crowded 5 years later.