Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default CO2 350 PPM Goal

All we need to do is decrease CO2 from 390 to 350 PPM. That shouldn't be too difficult.

350.org

In a recent energy speech, President Obama again talked about the need for more solar and wind power, clean coal, and nuclear energy to attain climate goals. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time that the President has brought his support of nuclear energy to the forefront. Noting that he had received large campaign contributions from a nuclear powered utility in Illinois, I predicted this would happen. Nuclear energy is currently the only way to vastly expand our energy production especially if carbon taxes runs a lot of coal plants out of business. I am not a fan of nuclear power except for breeder reactors to recycle existing nuclear waste but wonder how many Obama supporters thought this was what they were buying into when they supported the middle class cap and trade tax legislation or even the Obama green platform.

ccbatson Guest

Not too difficult? For whom? How many TRILLIONS of dollars from those that can afford it the least? How much of a damper on a tanking economy?