Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Slow's BBQ expanding

It's nice to start the day off with a feel-good story. Congrats, Slows!

http://detnews.com/article/20091022/...and-in-Detroit

What great news! Where are they going?

It's listed in the second sentence of the link AroundTown posted.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    What great news! Where are they going?
    From the article.

Slows to Go will open on the northwest corner of Cass Avenue and Alexandrine Street in the middle of next year

I do love me some slow's [[if thats ok to do for a surburbanite)

I was there once and wasn't overly impressed. BUT this story does make me wanna try them again.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    I was there once and wasn't overly impressed. BUT this story does make me wanna try them again.
    I agree, I'd heard all the hype and was excited to try them. I'm a mac&cheese lover so was excited to try that after all the accolades, but I found it a bit greasy and not as tasty as I can make from scratch. The BBQ was definitely good but not 'the best' I've had. I'd give them a chance again though especially since I'm happy to see a local company with so much popularity continue to invest in the area.

Isnt that the old church building with the "GOLD" tag on it across from the old mini mansion?

I love their food and I love their great bourbon selection even more.

Gotta love d'yes. 2 of the first 6 replies were complaining about the place.

Wasn't that a Marshall's Restaurant Supply facility? [Birdseye view] Trying to remember...

It doesn't mention anything about sit-down. There is no parking unless they strike a deal on the lot to the north, but they thrive in spite of no parking where they are.

What a great success story. I love the place -- when I can get in. LOL.

From what I understand the new location will be a carry-out and catering locale only, with plans to expand into indoor dining in the future.

Toolbox Guest

old news, they have owned that building for almost 2 years.

I've never been overly impressed with their food either. Regardless, this is good news. A rare commodity in Detroit. CONGRATULATIONS SLOWS! Maybe they'll open more locations and/or new concepts. It's always nice to drive by their location on Michigan Avenue, as I have a few times this week, and see all of the life at that corner.

My sophisticated and experienced critique of Slow's food comes from years of dining in fine restaurants such as TelWay, Mott's, Mike's Famous Ham Place, etc. So, I know you'll give heavy consideration to my viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    My sophisticated and experienced critique of Slow's food comes from years of dining in fine restaurants such as TelWay, Mott's, Mike's Famous Ham Place, etc. So, I know you'll give heavy consideration to my viewpoints.
    Thank you for your "sophisticated" opinion. Your contribution to this thread is extremely helpful.

GO SLOW'S!!! Even in this economic downturn, you have loyal customers who come to your place on a regular basis and look forward to your expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    It's listed in the second sentence of the link AroundTown posted.
    Sometimes, people are at work, and only have a few minutes to check websites. But I'm glad I gave you an opportunity for a potshot.

Ah, DetroitYES. You *never* change.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    From the article.
    Thanks. That's my old neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Sometimes, people are at work, and only have a few minutes to check websites. But I'm glad I gave you an opportunity for a potshot.

Ah, DetroitYES. You *never* change.

Thanks. That's my old neighborhood.
    But you had long enough to reply and ask the question.

gravitymachine Guest

But you had long enough to reply and ask the question.
    twice now even

Jesus Christ, jcole why ya gotta be a dick. It was a simple fucking question that took two seconds to answer. Get over yourself.

I love the "happy for this news but I think they suck" responses as well. Stay classy detroityes.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitymachine View Post
    twice now even
    Yeah because I am sure English was working at 3 in the morning during the last response.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Jesus Christ, jcole why ya gotta be a dick. It was a simple fucking question that took two seconds to answer. Get over yourself.

I love the "happy for this news but I think they suck" responses as well. Stay classy detroityes.
    And it would have taken her less time to click the link AroundTown kindly provided than it did for her to post and then check back for an answer.
    People take time to provide links, maps, photos, etc and others still want them to read it to them too.
    Last edited by jcole; October-23-09 at 06:54 AM. Reason: for clarity

And it would have taken her less time to click the link AroundTown kindly provided than it did for her to post and then check back for an answer.
    People take time to provide information and then others want them to do the research for them.
    I am glad you are the self imposed internet time police. Thank you for telling us how to spend our time.

Lowell, I don’t know about Marshall’s Restraunt Supply being there. Most recently it was the Pure of Heart Church of God.
    Waaaaay before that it was a Secretary of State Automobile Bureau.
    The Mahatawa Building [[12 loft-style condos) is in the background. The lot next door to the SOS building had a couple of Victorian houses on it……...
    http://dlxs.lib.wayne.edu/cgi/i/image/image-idx?rgn1=vmc_all;op2=And;rgn2=vmc_ti;g=photojourna lism;q1=alexandrine;size=20;c=vmc;back=back1256305 669;subview=detail;resnum=5;view=entry;lastview=th umbnail;cc=vmc;entryid=x-70156;viewid=70156

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast