Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Where do you shop in Detroit?

Hello, I've created a website where people can upload images of things they've bought in Detroit and share where they bought them at. The idea behind the site is to raise awareness for local businesses and show the variety of things available IN the city. If you shop in Detroit please check it out and post a picture of something you've bought. http://boughtindetroit.com

Thanks!

there IS no place to shop in detroit...

or so ive been told...

Funny thing, I thought I had posted a response but it doesn't show up. 95% of my shopping is in Detroit. The other 5% is in the Pointes. Here is the short list.

Detroit: Yorkshire Market, Dallas Market, Riverbend Plaza, Alter Plaza, Aldi's, Anything Eastern Market especially Hirts for gifts on the top floor, The Pottery Guy, local artists, Kings Books, Randazzos, Hammertime Hardware, Busy Bee Hardware, resale shops.

Pointes: Wild Birds Unlimited & Rainy Day art supplies.

Default Shopping in Detroit

I try to spend all my money in Detroit for both Shopping and Entertainment. I shop, eat, and sing Karaoke at the Eastern Market every Saturday [[come by and check me out). I also shop and eat in the Wayne State University area...the last place I shopped was in the New Center Area...In my neighborhood I shop at the RiverBend Plaza, Harbortown, and the new Plaza on Alter Road and Mack. Since I live so close to the Pointes sometimes I shop there. I stopped shopping at malls a long time ago....I have my car serviced at Bob Maxey in Detroit....and I am planning to start a business in Detroit....more about that later....

I picked up a nice American Made winter coat at Butcher Packer Supply in Eastern Market. Man! Is that thing warm. I got to try it out yesterday. Both my GF and daughter liked it so much I ordered two for them, which Santa will give them later this month.

http://www.refrigiwear.com/cgi-bin/c...tion&key=0358R