Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mack Avenue Car Guys

Read the discussion on Lochmoor Chrylser, my stepfather worked there for "Brother Jim Ferry" probably 20 years. The "Old Timers" that wheeled and dealed in their shiny suits, driving the largest convertables they could find, were to say the least a breed of their own. Nothing for my stepfather and his buddies to pound a few over at the "Golden Lion" on 7 mile, come back to the dealership and sell 3 or 4 cars before they closed at 9pm. In January 1963 there was a big contest going on and my stepfather sold 52 brand new shiny cars, in the dead of winter. So here is to the legendary "Rat Pack" of Mack Avenue

Stonechipped- Welcome to the forum! We need more people like you

Thanks P for sharing this site, it is great. I posted a picture of the old car guys but it has not shown up yet? You want to help me get the old sign Grosse Pointe Trades I would like it for my garage.

Default pics

Quote Originally Posted by stonechipped View Post
    Thanks P for sharing this site, it is great. I posted a picture of the old car guys but it has not shown up yet? You want to help me get the old sign Grosse Pointe Trades I would like it for my garage.
    Still working on this pic

Default Too small

Still working on this pic

too small sorry the pic is locked and I can only convert to mobile device

B- I can help with the sign

P i am going to try this picture thing again

P i am going to try this picture thing again

Think I got it...the pic of my stepfather was a scan done by my sister and it is too large....?? Seems ok at this size