Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Rideron Guest

Default Obama Administration FoxNews on the enemies list

I have no problem with this so long as there are no complaints if the next Republican Administraiton wants to freeze out MSNBC, CNN, ABC News, CBS News and NBC News.

If they are spreading lies and misinformation plus staging protests instead of simply reporting on them they need to be shut down. That isn't suppressing free speech.

Rupert Murdoch and others have turned our politics into a carnival. Manipulated and even controlled our elections.

The people at Fox are surely rubbing one out to the thought of the President mentioning them, imagining skyrocketing ratings. I won't be watching. This is exactly what they wanted. I hope the Government throws a bitch slap on sensational and harmful "news" [[rumor mills)entities.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; October-19-09 at 06:39 PM.

Rideron, I think you will be waiting more than a few years, before you see another republican administration.

exactly,, sstashmoo

the difference is that Fox is not a legitimate news entity, and shame on News Hour for letting ex-fox chick and fax statements about confusing the news and opinion operations go unchallenged. there are sooooooo many things from the news side that support the agitprop department of the republican party that it is laughable to consider themselves as anything but a propaganda arm of the right wing

ccbatson Guest

Stashmoo...bring it back a bit, you have strayed. Opinions are not facts, spreading opinions is not the same as spreading lies. Even if it were, freedom of expression must protect it.

The only way to counter a lie is to confront it with the truth.
    Suppressing Fox won't stop the liars; they'll just find a different venue. Like the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Stashmoo...bring it back a bit, you have strayed. Opinions are not facts, spreading opinions is not the same as spreading lies. Even if it were, freedom of expression must protect it.
    exactly, Bats. if SStashmoo had MEANT to say "spreading opinions" he would have said so -- Fox doesn't spread opinions, they spread quantifiable, verifiable lies. or is that a new entry in the batspeak dictionary?

Opinion: any verifiable lie uttered to advance a nut-case right-wing fringe agenda

ccbatson Guest

Is that your opinion Rb? Is it therefore, by your definition, a lie?

Opinions are not facts, spreading opinions is not the same as spreading lies.
    Fox is notorious for spreading lies, see whenever a Republican is caught in a compromising situation and they put a "D" next the their name. Thats a pretty blatant lie, and one they have done on numerous cases, since Republican's have been getting caught with their pants down a lot lately.

Left
    CNN
    ABC
    CBS
    NBC
    MSNBC
    NEWSPAPERS

Right
    FOX
    TALK RADIO

'nuff said.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    Left
    CNN
    ABC
    CBS
    NBC
    MSNBC
    NEWSPAPERS

Right
    FOX
    TALK RADIO

'nuff said.
    Let's clear this up a bit:

Left

MSNBC
    Air America Radio
    The Nation
    Mother Jones
    New York Times

Right

CNN
    CNBC
    CBN
    Trinity Broadcasting
    NBC
    ABC
    Clear Channnel Communications
    Wall Street Journal
    FOX [[Newscorp)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Let's clear this up a bit:

Left

MSNBC
    Air America Radio
    The Nation
    Mother Jones
    New York Times

Right

CNN
    CNBC
    CBN
    Trinity Broadcasting
    NBC
    ABC
    Clear Channnel Communications
    Wall Street Journal
    FOX [[Newscorp)
    NYT is hardly liberal anymore. Neither is the Post

add to the right wing crap -
    Washington Times
    Town Hall
    Newsmax

to the liberal
    Newsweek

Just symptoms of a larger problem.

ccbatson Guest

Fox and talk radio are clearly the only entities that have the administration calling out the brown shirts as of this moment. IOW, the administration knows something Rb does not.

"brown shirts"? Has somebody been raiding the news studios that we haven't heard about and busting up the transmitters, or something?

Refusing to deal with someone is hardly tatamount to siccing thugs on them.

ccbatson Guest

Nicely done Elganned...steps are being taken in that direction as we speak.

Of which you and you alone have privvy knowledge, I suppose...Spare me the dire predictions. Your prophesies of doom never seem to pan out.

Nicely done Elganned...steps are being taken in that direction as we speak.
    to quote you from another thread today:
    Furthermore, all arbitrary arguments [[like yours in this instance) not supported via compelling arguments and/or evidence are to be dismissed as false.

Lorax Guest

At least the NYT dumped Bill Kristol as a columnist.

ccbatson Guest

Like Kristol wanted to go down with that ship.

"Fox News' War on the White House" from Media Matters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDR47EKTrCQ

I think my IQ went down a few points, just from watching that.

Lorax Guest

Like Kristol wanted to go down with that ship.
    He was asked to leave, Batts. No choice in the matter.

NYT going down? LOL!!! No, it's so-called "conservative" ideology doing it's last swirlie down the toilet, thankfully.

Anyone who speaks like Kristolmeth, is apparently on it.

ccbatson Guest

All liberal newspapers are in the red and asking for a bailout from Obama...haven't you heard?

Lorax Guest

No, guess I haven't heard.

All newspapers are in the red, especially those that expouse the minority opinion, i.e. the 'conservative' opinion.

Not to mention the added assault on them by electronic media, which we are all using right now.

ccbatson Guest

Very consistent of you Lorax...#22 "NYT going down? LOL", and then #24 "All newspapers are in the red".

??Isn't the NYT's a newspaper?