Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Georgia often sneers as Atlanta struggles

I thought this would be an interesting read.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/geor...as-165972.html

ccbatson Guest

Tighter budgets result in less money in general. To justify the decrease in funding, the state is villainizing the proposed recipients...typical. Witness Granholm's recent push to tax Physicians.

I fail to see the correlation. If Granholm was pushing to tax Detroit, maybe you'd have a case. But apples to oranges, Cc...apples to oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Tighter budgets result in less money in general. To justify the decrease in funding, the state is villainizing the proposed recipients...typical. Witness Granholm's recent push to tax Physicians.
    Rather than showing that this is another example of a city-versus-suburb animosity... you decided to spin it to make it about "me... me... me..." again!

You're getting more obsessive compulsive in your postings than Trainman!!

ccbatson Guest

Physicians are part of the work force in the state...it happens that medical services is the last stable ECONOMIC industry in Michigan at the moment....yet Granholm is attacking.

So you correlate that with the state of Georgia castigating Atlanta as a reason to not give them so much money? Was Granholm going to give physicians money that I'm not aware of and so is now vilifying them to justify not giving as much? Otherwise your attempt at an analogy fails.

ccbatson Guest

GIve them WHAT MONEY? It doesn't exist, the libs have spent it on entitlements and gone deep into the red. You can't get blood from a stone.

So you admit your analogy was flawed and specious. Thank you.

ccbatson Guest

You make no sense with that one Elganned...try again if you hope to make a point.

My point is that your analogy is flawed. Read my post #6 more slowly and carefully. You'll eventually get my point...or not.

ccbatson Guest

She is proposing a 3% cut to Physicians via an illegal tax...so, yes, she is vilifying Physicians to further the cause of this illegal tax.

But Georgia is villifying Atlanta to justify giving them less money.
    Granholm, by your statement is "villifying" physicians to justify taking from them money.
    They don't equate, as one is simply giving less while the other is taking without giving at all.

So leaving aside the merits of your assertion, the analogy still fails. Thanks for playing.

ccbatson Guest

A 3 percent tax when revenue from the state exceeds 3% is "giving less money".