Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Tiger Stadium 10/18/2009

Don't care to. Thanks.

Ravine Guest

Yeah, I've had enough, too. I get it.

that's great... after the Lafayette Building is destroyed, what's the next historic target for the DEGC?

Well, at least the flag poll the city refused to let be moved to CoPa is still standing!

Remind me again, why the need to raze Tiger Stadium in such a timely fashion when so many other, more dangerous structures are left to menace the city?

Well, that decorative fence still stands along Michigan Avenue. That can come down next, but I bet it will stay up for years until they finally decide what to do with the entire property.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Well, that decorative fence still stands along Michigan Avenue. That can come down next, but I bet it will stay up for years until they finally decide what to do with the entire property.

Would that be an adaptive reuse of an historic structure?

Great photos Don. Thanks for recording the process and sharing it with us.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Don't care to. Thanks.

ungrateful...don't have anything productive [[or nice) to say, don't say it

Quote Originally Posted by Russix View Post
    Would that be an adaptive reuse of an historic structure?
    Is the flagpole a historic structure, and would it count for tax credits?

Gosh, doesn't the area look small and forlorn. Brings a mist to my eyes remembering all the greats that once stood on that diamond.

Thanks for the aerials FlyByDon! Your pictures are always a welcome post.
    Last edited by eriedearie; October-19-09 at 09:47 AM. Reason: typo

Amazing contrast. Thanks for sharing all your photos, Don!

Thanks for all the pics.

Thanks, Don, once again for all your pictures. Perhaps one more go around after all the machinery and rubble is completely gone?

Is the fencing still completing surrounding the place? You guys can probably have a pick-up game next year before the diamond turns to rubble. Advertise the day and time and maybe a thousand people will show up.

I keep hoping they'll take the fence down when all the rubble is removed. I'd love to run around on that field!

RIP Tiger Stadium.

Thank you for the photos, but, I really don't want to see it either. It makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it.

I would like to thank the city for finally tearing down something vacant. I wasn't happy years ago when they announced a new stadium was to be built, but since they did it this needed to happen. Now I hope the trand continues and other vacant houses and buildings that are of no use disappear.

Ravine Guest

Not ungrateful. Don does great work on the photos, it's great to be able to see them here on DY, and I can't begrudge Don's wish to advertise his business.

I guess the thing I'm feeling, on top of my eternal sadness over missing the place, is that I don't want to have the wake, the funeral, or the burial keep re-occurring like a monthly event.

I went passed the site today and there is still a lot of rubble on the site. In addition, some of the fence along Michigan, where the elevator shaft was located, has collapsed or been damaged. Yes, Tiger Stadium is gone, but its burial plot doesn't have to look like crap.

TORE THAT SCHITT DOWN!

Thank god, Detroit is slowly biding its time until it can rightfully take its place as the sod farm leader of the Midwest!

Yay! Another rubble filled vacant lot! Mission accomplished...

Don,
    Thanks so much for sharing views simply impossible to get anywhere else. Unlike some others on here, I greatly, greatly appreciate the time and money you pour into this!

Why haven't they finished clearing the shit away? There have been backhoes sitting there unused now for weeks. It's more of an eyesore now than when it was still standing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast