Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Michigan Film Production

Even though I am a small time player in this new industry in the state, I have weighed my options and decided to take a gamble, expand my services and go after some of the post production work for films shot here. Would anybody havre any idea who I would contact or get ahold of?

Like every aspect of the film business, the production company or studio that is producing the film decides who they will hire for post-production services. Your best best would be to contact the various studios while they are still in the process of scouting Michigan as a location, show them your demo real and go from there.

Join the Michigan Film & Video Production Group on Yahoo at
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/MFPGroup/

Dino's in Ferndale has a networking night for film business types every Thursday. No idea if anyone actually in the business shows up, but it might be worth stopping by.

FYI The Post-prod houses already existing in town are having a hard enough time attracting work to their studios, because most post-prod work is done out of state. Even the ones that have been around 20 years or more are struggling. Unless you are willing to make a huge investment in 35mm film processing, 2K/4K scanning and color correction, online editing, and other high-quality professional-grade services, I would not expect work to be pouring your way. On the other hand if you carve a niche for high-quality, low-cost, mid-level or indie-level post-prod support, you might have a chance. Good luck.