Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Degree in Community Development at CMU [[off campus) opinions about it [[urban planners

I have finally picked where to finish up my bachelors at and its Central Michigan off campus bachelors in community development with concentration in public administration.

I have a degree from OCC in business admin. but I am looking at peoples opinion of this degree [[esp. from urban planners). Anyone have an opinion about getting a bachelor of science in community development with public admin concentration? I eventually want to get a masters at WSU in Urban planning. Thank you for you help.

I'm curious as to what kinds of jobs do you forsee with this community development degree.
    I have thought about doing the same or urban planning. However, there are no jobs in it currently so I hesitate for myself.

I don't really know. That is why I'm asking. I would take a Job in any community organization. I do not need a ton of money I have kept My bills reletively low. But I do plan on getting a masters in ur ban planning.

I obtained my Engineering Degree Last year from CMU off campus programs and I can't say enough positve about CMU. They really strive to offer a quality education for the working adult. I am taking some classes now at OCC that I can apply towards a graduate degree and see the differnce in educations drastically. At CMU instructors are required to pass out surveys that allow you to rate the class. This assures that you are getting the best possible education unlike at a community college or other universtities where they allow instructors to stay on that have no real interest in teaching the subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by lalynch View Post
    However, there are no jobs in it currently so I hesitate for myself.
    Really? Had a few friends with this degree that graduated this past spring and have jobs working in the Detroit area.

Wolverine what do they do for a living?