Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Protesting Farmers Plant Hemp at DEA Headquarters!

I love it.

The son [[or grandson) of Dr. Bronner, famous maker of amazing liquid soaps, was among those who dared sow the seeds from one of the oldest known useful plants on the LAWN of the Drug Enforcement Agency.

The DEA didn't appreciate the volunteer effort at all.

This portion of the story is very telling:
    The farmers asked the next DEA official to arrive if he knew the difference between hemp and marijuana.

He wasn't sure. "It's a cousin, right? Or is it an uncle?"
    Dumb MFs don't even KNOW what they are tasked to enforce.

Ignorance is Strength for them, for sure.

Hemp is useful for too many things that we need...there is NO reason AT ALL why this plant has been declared illegal.

Our government is insane to the extreme to keep it illegal...or they are in collusion with Big Oil and Big Pharma, but to ME that makes them certifiably insane!

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; October-14-09 at 01:34 PM.

Do we have to import all the hemp we use? It's in clothing, skin care products, and many more things. I had some HEMP lip balm from a bathworks store, and I made a point of using it liberally during our mandatory Drug meeting at work. The HR director, a friend of mine, took it in good part.

Industrial hemp also produces ethanol cheaper than corn. We import some hemp ethanol from Canada although our farmers are not allowed to produce it here. HR1866 would allow Americans to buy US grown industrial hemp. It amends the Controlled Substances Act to exclude industrial hemp from the definition of marihuana.

Ooooh, slippery slope, there; it's just a step from "industrial hemp" to fat doobies behind the barn...

Yep, and I would hope the world would grow up about all that as well.

Make it all legal. Personal amounts growable in a person's garden, of both hemp genders. There is no reason it is illegal. Not one valid reason.

Beyond reason...

ccbatson Guest

The DEA is the enforcement arm...protest the lawmaking arm [[congress).

You are correct; the DEA doesn't make the law, only enforces it. The protest equates to villifying the messenger, which is the wrong target.

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    You are correct; the DEA doesn't make the law, only enforces it. The protest equates to villifying the messenger, which is the wrong target.
    They may only enforce the law, but DEA agents are still freedom hating assholes.

They will never legalize it.

No way to control the growing or distribution. It is all in the schools as it is. Too easily grown, too easily concealed, too easily transported.

It's a little tougher to sneak in a twelve pack.

I knew a guy that rolled his own cigarettes, they were laced with pot, he smoked it all day. The boss never knew it.

Lorax Guest

The reality is there is an implicit deal between oil, pharmaceutical, and garment producing companies NOT to produce hemp.

Legalize it all, you'll be surprised there will be no ill effects on society.

But until the wealth interests [[corporations) find out how to maximize and monopolize hemp production, it won't be legalized. Trust me, the legislation removing the illegality won't happen until industry is prepped and ready to go.

Quote: "But until the wealth interests [[corporations) find out how to maximize and monopolize hemp production"

You must get very angry driving through an industrial area.

I love it! Ha, ha. I can just see farmers in their overalls, pulling up in front of the DEA on their tractors, with a long grass straw in their mouth and planting hemp seeds in the lawn and planters. Far out!

I like hemp as long as you don't burn it by me.The matters that be seem to be stuck on the Reefer Madness scare.Hemp is a good product that is very usefull. I should put my BIBS on myself and take a road trip in the truck.

ccbatson Guest

Hemp is low grade twine...like burlap, right? No problem with that.

Elganned and I agreed??!! A first I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Hemp is low grade twine...like burlap, right? No problem with that.
    No, hemp is actually a high-grade fiber that when made into cloth can feel like a cross between linen and denim. it, like any fiber, can be made into twine [[twine is essentially a twinning of strands of string/yarn which are twisted counter to each other so the tension between each strand trying to unravel actually maintains its structure). Burlap is a low-grade cloth [[not a twine) made from any of a number of different fibers, including hemp and flax [[linen)
    Last edited by rb336; October-16-09 at 08:24 AM.

ccbatson Guest

Still no problem...although I thought it was a lower grade than other comparable materials and less costly.