Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Forum Gathering, Wednesday, October 21

GRALR [[Lorma and Rich) will be visiting Detroit this week. Let's welcome them by gathering at the Detroit Beer Company on Wednesday, October 21, 7pm.

I will try my best to make it.

Can't make it tonight...already have other plans. Please pass on my "Welcome to Detroit" to Lorma and Rich.

Not tonight...next Wednesday. By the way, Blueidone, what's a lasagna bed?

Stromberg2

A lasagna bed is a raised bed without a box. It is layered like a lasagna with cardboard and or paper at the bottom then manure, grass clippings, compost, leaves. It sits like a compost pile and you can plant directly into it in the spring.

I'm ok...really I am...just slightly confused! I will try to make it next week...LOL. Kathleen...hubby works nights, so he won't be there...but thanks for inquiring.

DetroitDad Guest

I am in if I get out of work in time. Unfortunately, it just depends how the day goes.

We look forwards to meeting all of you! If anything unforeseen happens we will be sure to post here!

We will also post once we get in town.

Rich and Lorma

I'm in...its been a bit since I've been out and about...

update:

we started to leave Nevada on friday and our alternator quit working. It is something else and we are working diligently to fix it. We are hopeful to leave today and drive straight through with a stop in Chicago. Is it possible to postpone a day or two?

We will post once we are on the road and update.

Lorma and Rich

Wonder if the batman will be attending. I'm sure there's a lot posters that would love to meet him arms length. [[To shake his hand of course).

GRALR: Sorry to hear of your car problems. Let us know when you get on the road and plan to be in Detroit. I'm sure that we can reschedule the gathering. Have a safe journey....

Hi Kathleen,

We are on the road and will be in Denver at 7 pm and rolling your way! We are crossing the rockies today. We will keep you advised. We should be able to make it pending no further problems.

Thanks

Thanks for the update, GRALR. Let us know how things are going. For now, I'm keeping Wednesday evening, October 21 open for this gathering. Will reschedule as necessary once you have a better idea of your arrival in Detroit.

We are now in Iowa. We plan to be in Chicago tonight, and drive through MI till about midnight. If all goes well we will be in town mid day tomorrow. Please advise where we are going and is there parking for a truck and single car trailer?

Rich

That's great, GRALR!!

The Detroit Beer Company [[http://www.detroitbeerco.com/) is located at 1529 Broadway in Downtown Detroit, across from the Detroit Opera House. From I-75, exit Madison Avenue and take to John R. Turn left at John R. to Broadway.

Assuming you will be arriving via I-94, take it to I-75 and follow the above directions.

Once you locate the bar, then you'll need to fan out to find parking. Obviously you'll need a surface lot or street parking. Since there is a show at the Opera House starting at 7:30, the parking lots will be open, but may cost some bucks, especially with the RV.

Here's a link to a street map for the area around Broadway and the Opera House: http://www.motopera.org/doh/map1526.html

If you have reservations about being able to park your vehicles safely, we could consider an alternative location, such as a Mexicantown restaurant where there are parking lots adjacent to the restaurants. Mexican Village and Xochimilco come to mind.

Let us know what you think. We'll need to post a change of venue as early as possible.

Other possible places to gather are Honest John's or Z's Villa.

So let us know as soon as you know!

P.S. Feel free to shoot me an email at dkosh <at> msn.com so that I can give you my cell number where you can reach me or leave a message during the day and I can post here throughout the day as needed.

I have parked my truck and trailer in the side lot at mexican village....

Ravine Guest

Big Dog wrote:
    "Wonder if the batman will be attending."

I doubt it. He probably doesn't want to risk blowing his cover. Someone might figure out his "secret identity" by realizing that he's actually a rather good-hearted fellow.

No word yet on GRALR's arrival into Detroit. I'll keep watching for word so that we can decide whether we are gathering tonight at the DBC or elsewhere at 7pm or on another day.

hi Folks
    Lorna & Rich here and we will be in Detroit in time for the meet up tonight woohoo! Thanks for all the help Kathleen We are really looking forward to meeting everyone.

So we are on for tonight....

7pm at the Detroit Beer Company

C'mon out and meet Rich and Lorma and welcome them to the D!!!

Nice to meet Rich and Lorna!

We enjoyed dinner and several hours of conversation at the Detroit Beer Company.

Thanks to Davemarc and Gnome for joining us!

Thanks also to the "Troll," a longtime Forum lurker who stopped by to chat.

A good time was had by all!!

And thanks, Davemarc!!

Welcome to Detroit. Sorry we could not be there to meet and greet. Just not in the budget at the moment.

Nice meeting/seeing everyone last night, and am looking to see when "The Troll" signs up for the forum. Love to see some of those pix you're saving.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast