Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Matty to get Entrepenuer of the year award?

So Matty is set to get the Entrepreneur of the year award on Saturday from the ACC [[Arab American Chaldean Council).... I am appalled by this..... As a resident of Southwest Detroit and a Arab American I cannot help but feel saddened by such a gesture toward a crook such as Matty....

Don't get me wrong the ACC has done wonderful things here in the city but this award just doesn't add up....

It likely means very little. Who finances the ACC's activities? Is Manny Maroun a member? Does he pull a lot of weight in the ACC [[refer to question #1). It's all about praising and advancing your friends and neighbors, and in the case of country, athletic, private, fraternal and cultural clubs, your fellow members. Even more so if they carry the financial weight. If Manny doesn't pay his way with the ACC now, he will in the future. He either lobbied hard for this one or his fellow members felt the need to give him some support.

There is a letter and petition going around online that will be sent to the ACC basically telling them what you guys have just posted.

This is what you call, 'Blowing smoke up each other's asses'. I used to see it all the time. Especially at the clubs - DAC, Pine Lake, Oakland Hills, etc. Or any other club where members are overly impressed with their importance and power. As of late, they've had to blow much harder because they're not quite as untouchable as they once thought.

Who was last year's recipient? Who was it the year before? Who are the members of the organization giving out the award? And who actually gave a damn before they found out who the recepient will be this year [[if that's actually the case)?

Good points and questions, Kraig. Certainly relevent.