Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default architecture, trains, detroit, history, automobiles

Hi All,

Thanks for all of your pointers on things to do! We will be doing most everything that was suggested for us to do. We would love to meet some of you as we have certainly enjoyed reading this forum for over a year. We are so excited about being in the area. We loved it last year and want to pick up where we left off. We love Detroit and think it is fantastic.

We love architecture, automobiles, trains-streetcars, theatres, real estate, good food, museums, fire houses, photography, etc......................but most of all nice people.

If anyone has similar interests and would like to meet up let us know.

Lorma and Rich

What dates will you be in Detroit?

We will be in town after this weekend. We are somewhat open ended 1 week maybe two.

Allow me to throw out a Forum meet-up date and place:

Wednesday, October 21, 7pm - Detroit Beer Co.

We've gathered several times at the DBC to meet out-of-town Forumers. Of course, there is always the Park Bar as an alternatve.

Let us know if that date and time is good for you. If so, I'll post a notice on the Connect page too.

More ideas if you like beer...
    Starting Friday, in cooperation with the Detroit Beer Barons and the Michigan Brewers Guild, organizers will begin a week-long celebration of Michigan craft beer, the city of Detroit and the beers that are brewed there.

The events of Detroit Beer Week will lead up to the inaugural Harvest Festival presented by the Michigan Brewers Guild and the MetroTimes.
    Here's the article with the list of events.
    http://www.mlive.com/kalamabrew/inde...ks_off_fr.html

And their Facebook page is at
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Detroi...?ref=ts&v=wall

sounds good to us we will plan for it! We will also participate in the beer tasting too sounds really great! Hopefully there will be more events!

GRALR, Hope you get to see what you missed last year. Have a good time and drive careful.

How does one pronouce GRALR? ggrrraler? graaalar? galdnjewmcker? I imagine after a few beers it will come naturally, but in the meantime ...

Thanks, GRALR. I'll post the the gathering notice in the Connect area as well. Please be sure to let us know if your plans change.

DBC sounds good to me, as I work upstairs there! Awesome!
    Sadly, I'll be back in Royal Oak by 7PM, bummer!
    How about the Royal Oak Brewery one night? I'm hosting the Rovers scooter club there on the 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Thanks, GRALR. I'll post the the gathering notice in the Connect area as well. Please be sure to let us know if your plans change.
    Thanks we will and we look forwards to it!

"DBC sounds good to me, as I work upstairs there! Awesome!
    Sadly, I'll be back in Royal Oak by 7PM, bummer!
    How about the Royal Oak Brewery one night? I'm hosting the Rovers scooter club there on the 22nd. "

Once we are in town we will be mobile so not a problem. We will make every attempt to hook up!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    How does one pronouce GRALR? ggrrraler? graaalar? galdnjewmcker? I imagine after a few beers it will come naturally, but in the meantime ...

the answer is beers! GRALR really has no meaning but after a few it might change !

You are not allowed to like trains AND cars and post to this website. Don't you know there is not room for both?

Go to the Henry Ford Museum.

LOL Detroitplanner........We went there last year for the afternoon ............hahahahahah power walk take lots of pics and lament that you did not even get outside!

How is the Chrysler museum?

FYI...I've started the thread over in CONNECT:

Forum Gathering, Wednesday, October 21

http://detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=3021

GRALR: The Chrysler Museum is a nice museum to visit. Good floor plan. Nice exhibits. Worth a visit, IMO.

BTW...Where are you coming in from?

thanks I will look there.

Las Vegas

GRALR, I hope you have a great time while in Detroit!