Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Blocktoberfest

Default Blocktoberfest

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21271612/detail.html

Big street festival tomorrow in front of WDIV, Fort Shelby and the News/Free Press for United Way!
    Best part: There will be GhettoBlaster.

Looked to be pretty hoppin' about 11:30 a.m. today, despite the chilly weather. Neat idea ... just midweek is kinda an odd time.

Yeah you'd think Friday would be a natural...there's a dunk tank with opportunities coming up to dunk Elrick and Schaefer, Nolan Finley, Charlie Leduff...

Mark Phelan from the Freep just took a bath. Brrrrr!

Sights are playing. Nolan Finley is swimming. So far, it's quite a party!

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    Looked to be pretty hoppin' about 11:30 a.m. today, despite the chilly weather. Neat idea ... just midweek is kinda an odd time.
    Would've been nice if it was held on a Friday or Saturday.

Folk would be more inclined to come and bring their families.
    Last edited by msamslex; October-13-09 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Sentences too close together

I saw Charlie LeDuff down there today and am almost sure I saw Sam Riddle walking around too.

I totally missed seeing Nolan dunked. I really wanted to see the Sights too. Damn work!

Jim Schaefer has a HELLUVA arm.