Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Victim in Tiger Stadium

Maybe I missed the follow up story, but whatever became of the fellow that was beaten and locked in
    a closet at Tiger Stadium? Was that mystery ever solved? Funny how once that story broke, the demo crews got back on the job and finished what was such a rushed project.

I've been wondering about that, as well as anything about the guy in the elevator shaft @ the Roosevelt warehouse? Unless I missed that

This is what happens when sensationalism runs the news departments. Most likely they could not find any extra dirt on these characters so it is no longer newsworthy, which is a letdown, and does not complete the loop.

I have also wondered what happened to the car thief that had that spectacular crash new the Telway. Only thing I heard was he stole the car in Taylor and died. There was no follow-up, so it leaves me to assume they could either not trace who he was, or they had no juicy dirt on why he did it. I am also wondering when the light he knocked down will be put up again. having live open wires at street level is not exactly safe, and it was a nice new light, not one of the older cobra style fixtures.

LeDuff did a follow up article to the guy found in the Roosevelt warehouse a few weeks after the original article.

Also, does a car thief who leads police on a chase and endangers the lives of other people deserve anymore press? You can't ask a guy why he stole a car if he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    Also, does a car thief who leads police on a chase and endangers the lives of other people deserve anymore press? You can't ask a guy why he stole a car if he is dead.
    What I would like to know is if this really was a total scumbag that took himself out of the genepool or not. Maybe other scumbags can learn from his example?

If this was a stupid kid doing a stupid thing is totally different than if this was a repeat offender. You expect kids to do stupid things. You also did not get much in the way of follow-up about the lady that he hit. What are the impacts to her family?

Oh please! There's no reporters in this city anymore. Just a few typists who cannot spell and have no grammar skills. Our beleagured newspapers cannot afford to hire talented, dedicated 'reporters' who seek out newsworthy events, reasearch the items and provide articles full of information.