Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anybody going to clean that glass?

Is anyone going to clean the glass covering the sidewalk on Clifford between Griswold and Woodward? It is all over the sidewalk and worse than the Forrest Liqour parking lot on a good day! I would think the production would be responsible? The Synagogue is also charred on the one side of it. Just curious?

Considering the scene went off Thursday or Friday [[?), which is followed by the weekend, they haven't had a lot of time to get it done yet.

the explosion went off Monday which is a week ago.

Call Roger Penske's Clean Detroit, although that area might be outside their boundaries.

Has anyone bothered to ask the security guard that's been stationed there 24/7 since they've been shooting there? She may know when they plan to clean it up. Because she's still stationed there, that tells me perhaps they're not done yet.

This was mentioned in another thread. The reason the security guard is there is to keep the debri in the place where it originally fell - for consistency of the film. They are not done filming in the location and therefore want the mess to stay until they are done.

You know, that's what I was thinking.

Again, what a wonderful thing to do to the heart of a major city. "Sorry for the mess that's been sitting here for a week, but we're not done destroying stuff around here."

They aren't done paying you either.

Rideron Guest

Detroit has made itself a litterbox for moviemakers with money, get used to it

What surprises me is that the people who complained about the mess left on the ground are less worried about all the ground and water contamination with heavy metals and toxins of past manufacturing. I mean, even if the film makers bounced and didn't clean it up, how much would that cost to clean up? Now how much would it cost to clean up all that contaminated land of longtime manufacturing?