Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

ccbatson Guest

Default A new masterpiece

Glen Becks new Book "Arguing With Idiots" is a must read.

Lorax Guest

I actually read it!

Went to the bookstore, and found it under friction.

Sat and read it through, and found it a good laugh.

Comedy is what he's best at, so he really should do standup.

He and Limbaugh can get together and maybe do a TV show: "Two Fat Ladies Kooking."

I saw the cover and had to laugh since the idiot was on the cover. Laugh even harder seeing that he wrote it.

So you agree with the one comment he made that is actually correct --
    capitalism hasn't failed, greed has failed? yet that is the entire basis of every argument you have ever made on this board.

what i read at the bookstore was, typically, extremely WRONG. On Samuel Insull:
    After twelve years absorbing as much knowledge as he could, Insull finally left to pursue his own American dream. He moved to Chicago, took out a personal loan for $250,000, and built the largest power plant in the world.
    The facts are that Insull was a founder, with several other Edison alumni, of the company that would become General Electric. Insull became rich when GE went public, left the company, was hired to run Western Electric. eventually he had several other companies as well

If you check further, you will find that Insull was a proponent of the regulation of industry [[which allowed him to have his power companies become "natural monopolies" - thus freeing him from competition.)

he is the other half of the inspiration for Citizen Kane, and I read Insull - the Rise and Fall of a billionaire while taking a film class years ago
    Last edited by rb336; October-12-09 at 09:44 AM.

I'll read it when I can check it out of the local library. I refuse to give that demagogue one red cent.

Lorax Guest

I read it without buying it, naturally. Wouldn't want to be accused of contributing to the wealth of the fascist Reich.

Anyone who thinks he really wrote it is sorely misguided.

Beckerhead couldn't keep his thumb out of his ass long enough.

ccbatson Guest

Could you please verify that you read it by posting something substantive that you read in it Lorax? Why do I ask? Well, a certain wager that you welched on give me cause to suspect that you are not telling the truth.