Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Pittsburgh Pride Represented in the D

If you were in Downtown Detroit this past Saturday, you would have thought you were in Downtown Pittsburgh. The Steelers' fans were out in force, wearing their home team jerseys and colors with pride. One funny T-shirt a Pittsburgh fan had on said, "On ice or on grass, we'll kick your ass." Downtown Detroit probably made a good amount of money because of these diehard Pittsburgh fans. With two Stanley Cup battles with the Penguins and this Sunday's batte with the Steelers, the powers that be definitely need to schedule more sporting events that get the Pittsburgh teams in Detroit. Watch out, Chicago, Pittsburgh might become Detroit's main rival.

Hard to become rivals when many in the Detroit area actually like the Pittsburgh teams. I for one am a Steelers fan, second only to being a Lions fan. Liked the Penguins until Cindy Crysby came along.

I wouldn't get too upset-it's a notorious local joke that the fanbase of California hockey teams are dwarfed by ex-pat Detroiters[[or merely fans)-with a riposte that at least the Wings fans match the color scheme of Staples Center...

http://blogs.king5.com/sports/2008/1...-or-whats.html

http://auxlepli.blogspot.com/2009/01...eled-fans.html

http://ducks.freedomblogging.com/200...hborhood/2096/

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    One funny T-shirt a Pittsburgh fan had on said, "On ice or on grass, we'll kick your ass."
    Except for the fact, we beat them first. What their baseball team is to them, our football team is to us...so we're alot a like!

I for one don't ming that there were so many of them here. The Lions suck and Detroiters don't have teh disposable income like they did before. If people from Pittsburgh come here and spend their money, I say thanks and have a good time. As for the Penguins fans and their cockeyness, just ask them how many cups their teams won in the past 20 years and we win there. The Pirates suck and they don't have a bball team.

Pittsburgh has a cross to bear. It is the home of Matt Millen.

My cousin "loaned" me a Lions leather jacket, Wished she'd had loaned me a Steelers one instead.