Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default MI Budget Brainstorming Session

Tax dollars HARD at work:

http://merriemarie.amplify.com/tag/rep-barbara-lambert/

Thought I'd drop this off for you all to discuss. On my way to the Bathroom now to puke.

Stosh Guest

Pick the correct state. This is in Conneticut. And a trumped up pic to boot. How about the guy watching videos behind?

Come on, Stosh. With all that feigned outrage, do you really expect TKShreve to read? I mean, the guy has links to post and bitching to do. It's not like he has time to inform himself or anything.

Oh my, that was too easy.

ccbatson Guest

Guess what..the 3% Physician tax passed the state house...if it goes all of the way it means 3% of gross practice revenue. Watch the Doctors leave the state leaving patients??? Out of luck.

Quote: "Watch the Doctors leave the state leaving patients???"

There are probably a few here that will help you pack... haha kidding..

ccbatson Guest

Not likely me...but if just 5% of those closer to retirement, or with ties and opportunities in other states pack it up...patients are going to suffer big time.

You are right again.

ccbatson Guest

Thanks Jenny Granholm....like poison to prosperity along with so many other libs.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Thanks Jenny Granholm....like poison to prosperity along with so many other libs.
    I'm sure that 3% is gonna kill you, isn't it? There are millions of people who have less than you. It seems like you could stand to miss a meal or two, to remember what it's like to not have jack shit.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    I'm sure that 3% is gonna kill you, isn't it? There are millions of people who have less than you. It seems like you could stand to miss a meal or two, to remember what it's like to not have jack shit.
    It's important to remember who actually will pay that 3% in the long run. Certainly not the physicians. And really, what's needed is a graduated income tax, or a tax ofn food. But nobody in Lansing has the balls to do it. You can't run a state on smoke and mirrors.

What we are really seeing here is the inevitable. High unemployment, so many taking lesser paying jobs, it is only expected that those still making wages of a few years ago are going to have to make concessions. And they should. All other businesses have. The folks they are dealing with are having to.

Quote: "You can't run a state on smoke and mirrors."

There is no excuse for this state to be broke. Michigan benefits to the tune of 14 billion annually from licenses and permits associated with the great lakes. No other state has that. This state should be in the black, if any are.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    What we are really seeing here is the inevitable. High unemployment, so many taking lesser paying jobs, it is only expected that those still making wages of a few years ago are going to have to make concessions. And they should. All other businesses have. The folks they are dealing with are having to.

Quote: "You can't run a state on smoke and mirrors."

There is no excuse for this state to be broke. Michigan benefits to the tune of 14 billion annually from licenses and permits associated with the great lakes. No other state has that. This state should be in the black, if any are.
    Really. Care to show us where this is so? I'd be interested to see that.

No, I really don't care to show you.

Stosh Guest

Because you can't.

Because I don't feel like it.

Stosh Guest

I could expect nothing less from someone named for a failed steamship.

Last edited by Stosh; October-08-09 at 02:31 PM.

Then don't feel like throwing irrelevant crap into the discussion.

Nothing irrelevant about it, it is a real figure, not picked out of the air or from some biased website. It is a figure based on income from the Great lakes, all things combined.

The Tashmoo a failure? How dare you?
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; October-08-09 at 02:37 PM.

And a trumped up pic to boot
    Really. Care to show us where this is so? I'd be interested to see that.

Stosh Guest

Nothing irrelevant about it, it is a real figure, not picked out of the air or from some biased website. It is a figure based on income from the Great lakes, all things combined.

The Tashmoo a failure? How dare you?
    First off, a total of economic activity is completely different than licenses and permits associated with the great lakes. Consider this fact. Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and New York all border the various lakes. Not to mention Canada. Divide all activity among ALL the players. I believe then you will have a more accurate reading.

Until then, please float your boat, if possible. Yours has had it's share of run ins.

I believe I read that on the DNR website a few years ago. Anyways, I'm not mistaken, I know what I read. You can believe what ever you want, you aren't dragging me in to your idiotic argument. Good day.

Stosh Guest

I believe I read that on the DNR website a few years ago. Anyways, I'm not mistaken, I know what I read. You can believe what ever you want, you aren't dragging me in to your idiotic argument. Good day.
    Name calling still doesn't make you right. Being dismissive is typical evasive tactics.

It's all relative anyway. It's still not available to offset anything in Lansing.

ccbatson Guest

3 percent of gross revenue folks.. With overhead, an average primary car practice is operating on a 15% margin. That translates to a net cut of 20% to those folks. If it is a new practice, or struggling, this coils finish them off.

clearly you pulled that one straight out of your youknowwhat. type in "14 billion" michigan and "great lakes" and, apart from your comment, the only hits are to the tourism industry in MI

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast