Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Rush Limbaugh to buy ST. Louis Rams?

All across the great wide web there's chatter about Rush Limbaugh making a pitch to buy the Rams.

hmm, I can't see this coming to a positive conclusion for the Rams in particular and the NFL in general. I have a hard time seeing RL rubbing elbows with Al Davis or Bill Ford.

thoughts?

Well, I laughed when I heard that Nixon was running for the presidency.

Maybe it sometimes escapes us as to how ridiculous things can get. We have a Democratic majority in both the House and Senate, right? However, they can't get anyrthing done because they lack coutrage and conviction. Why should anyone think that the NFL would act in any other way?

Ron

As long as the Rams stay in St. Louis, I don't really care. I'm not a fan of Limbaugh, though. Only 60% of the team is for sale. And Dave Checketts [[the fantastic owner of the Blues) is partnering with Limbaugh. Checketts knows how to run a team. If Checketts owns the Rams, I can deal with Limbaugh.

It would give him another platform to disseminate his polarizing, drug-addled views, which might be a good thing.

Whatever gets Palin to the top of the '12 ticket is good for sane Americans. She and Rush stir up the base well, but thinking members of the middle move to the left when they take center stage.

Would the NFL discourage this from happening? They haven't remained the most successful sports league by far by antagonizing and polarizing their customers.

I understand that the reason is so the team can use Rush's drug connections to supply the players with endless Oxycontin.
    I hope he does become part owner, it will give me another reason to hate St. Louis.

If "cheap" price, this will be a good deal for Rush. Buy low, sell high [[no pun intended). And he gets wider exposure, controversial or otherwise. Don't hate the playa, hate the game - lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    If "cheap" price, this will be a good deal for Rush. Buy low, sell high [[no pun intended). And he gets wider exposure, controversial or otherwise. Don't hate the playa, hate the game - lol.
    Rush has made a few assertions the extent of which I was not aware of until now. The range of reactions from discomfort to anger are understandable. Some say keep your enemies closer and today most "alleged" bigots are a bit more clandestine to avoid detection. Rush, more and more each day, and in various ways, looks like a smarter Archie Bunker [[the character). Rush is certainly no Alfred Holt Stone, but again, is this how Rush is redefining smart? --> http://detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=329

blksoul_x Guest

For the most part, professional sports organizations, [[specifically the NFL), are derivatives of a 'whites only' society. Rush's racial rhetoric and the disproportionate numbers of Black ownership, upper-management, coaching, etc, fundamentally spell-out a similar history. So then, as a society, knowing the history of white dominant control and order, would it be any different than going to work for any other white owned institution, that harbor 'whites only', [[or more philosophical), hegemonic views? __go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, we a movement by ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    For the most part, professional sports organizations, [[specifically the NFL), are derivatives of a 'whites only' society. Rush's racial rhetoric and the disproportionate numbers of Black ownership, upper-management, coaching, etc, fundamentally spell-out a similar history. So then, as a society, knowing the history of white dominant control and order, would it be any different than going to work for any other white owned institution, that harbor 'whites only', [[or more philosophical), hegemonic views? __go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, we a movement by ourselves!
    Some of what you say is accurate. That history has not stopped non-whites [[or females) from striving, often heroically and unsung. Boycotting every unfair workplace would not be practical [[and the "offenders" know this). As you know, some find the best way to facilitate change is to get in there and influence things "from the inside". That is a really tough [[and sometimes lonely) road to take. Ostracization, solitude, insincere placation, and downright resentment etc... In effect, an invisible person.

Today, not always, but often, a non-white or female who can make more money for an institution can prevail. Money rules.

Success is the best revenge. And that takes a level head focused on a goal with integrity. Game on.

Word is Dave Checketts is dropping Rush Limbaugh from his group bidding to buy the STL Rams.
    http://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/4870643457

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4559454

Word on the evening news is that he's out.

Now he just needs to shut his big stupid mouth and drift off into oblivion where he belongs.

The Gasbag has made his bed and now he needs to lie in it.
    Right or wrong, this is what happens when you shoot your
    mouth off and offend people. He only cares about publicity
    and money. Well maybe oxycontin also.
    In his defense, I bet that there are a lot of owners in the NFL
    that have questionable views on society. The big difference is
    they don't spew their garbage to thousands of people each day.
    Now he'll rant and rave about the injustice and how the liberal
    media is punishing him. Big deal. Just go away.

Ironic isn't it? He [[Rush) took the opposite position on the Dixie Chicks [[not a fan) for their huge losses following the 'We're not proud to be from Texas' fiasco in England. A reference to living in the same state as Bush. Predictable piling on from his fellow bigots, Jackson, and Sharpton. The three of them should form a club.
    The oxycontin jabs are lame, old, and not funny anymore. We get it already.
    Last edited by Thomcat52; October-15-09 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by jefferson78 View Post
    In his defense, I bet that there are a lot of owners in the NFL
    that have questionable views on society. The big difference is
    they don't spew their garbage to thousands of people each day.
    It goes without saying that people with "questionable" views usually choose their audience carefully, especially after feedback [[but not courageous Rush). A few have written about power/influence worship, where character flaws are ignored in a powerful/influential person. A kind of hero worship, where due to one positive attribute [[power/influence), one or many negative attributes are discounted or totally ignored. In effect, they can "do no wrong" because the good they do is so important. Allegedly.