Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mista Alan Guest

Default Cabrera's OTHER Run In With The Law

Good thing his didn't threaten a preacher with his "click-clack." The Tigers might not have been able to trade his sorry arse this offseason.

Obviously is still immature at 26 years of age.

ccbatson Guest

Add some juice [[roids) to a arrogant 26 year old professional athlete and this is what you get.

Then add a shitty attitude about Singlio possibly being released. I'll bet the only reason Mags wasn't let go in July was because wife beater threw his leverage into the matter. I look forward to next season sans Palanco, [[who had to be pissed after how much they gave Renteria), and Mags will make more than Pujols. Fire Dumbrowski.

O well, Cabrera rules!

Yeah, fire Dombrowski. It's not like the moves he's made have not helped this franchise one bit. Tell me who out there would do a better job and why.

Cabrera's immature and pretty dumb, but it's all about WINNING. He's the only legit player the Tigers have on offense. And you people want to trade him away?

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Add some juice [[roids) to a arrogant 26 year old professional athlete and this is what you get.
    AMAZING!!
    bats, we agree on this one.
    And they said it can't happen here!

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NoHeartAnthony View Post
    Yeah, fire Dombrowski. It's not like the moves he's made have not helped this franchise one bit. Tell me who out there would do a better job and why.
    Over 50 millions dollars in dead money going to people not even playing, and you think he's doing a good job?

Ravine Guest

Whoa, whoa; hold up, wait a minute.
    I read pretty well, and I keep up with baseball-- certainly, the Tigers-- avidly.
    When did we determine that Miguel Cabrera is, or was, a steroid user?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Whoa, whoa; hold up, wait a minute.
    I read pretty well, and I keep up with baseball-- certainly, the Tigers-- avidly.
    When did we determine that Miguel Cabrera is, or was, a steroid user?
    We haven't. CC thinks that any successful large professional athlete is on the juice.

Unless there's definitive proof, I'm with Ravine on this one. Cabrera might prove to be many things but as of now- there has never been any sort of proof that he's on any sort of steroids or illegal drugs.

It'll be interesting to see how creative the Twins fans are tomorrow when Cabrera goes up to bat for the first time. I thought I read recently that Jim Leyland said that he could tell by walking thru the dugout who was ready to play. I wonder if that comment wasn't aimed at Cabrera. I went to a game in Cleveland when Albert Belle returned for the first time after signing as a free agent for another club. People were throwing stuff out of the stands at him when he was in the outfield. There were signs to Bring Back Nickel Beer, apparently Belle was a drinker. And they chanted Joey at him. He used the name Joey when he was first called up to the majors. The next night the stands were heavily policed and no signs were tolerated.

Ravine Guest

Oh, but worse yet: If we win that game in Minnesota, the next day he'll be in an even friendlier place!!

OH MY GOD! CC Bats [[post #4) and I might actually agree on this one. What's this strange tightness I feel in my chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Over 50 millions dollars in dead money going to people not even playing, and you think he's doing a good job?
    Answer my question. Who would you hire to replace him and why?

Sounds like Cabs needs to stop taking his behavioral cues from the NFL. Threatening to pop someone and teasing a fat kid? Lame.

A three home run night from Cabrera and all will be forgiven/forgotten... Fans are like that.

Are there any pictures of his wife? So far it looked to me like she won by connecting with a skillet. Since the left side of his face is messed up, I am guessing she is right-handed.

So much money so little happiness.

blksoul_x Guest

Aside from Cabrera's family issues, it is almost refreshing hearing about some good ole' fashion 'cowboy masculinity', as in the case of Cabrera's night-out with the boyz versus the effeminzed version of 'metro-sexual/nerd/soy milk latte drinking' syndrome in men that is being encouraged and perpetuated through-out today's society__go figure!

Bring back the 'cool' in MEN!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, we a movement by ourselves!

Typical pro-athlete. "So much money so little happiness'. Also, how about so much adoration and so little brains.? Between the league, the team owners and the players, all we do is subsidize them with a legal monopoly, new stadia and our undying love. We debate if a citizen is entitled to health care, but toss a few hundred million to billionaires for pocket money. I avoid attending or watching pro-sports. Most certainly not on Fox TeeVee. And I don't buy team apparel. College sports are now at the level of pro-sports. I enjoy lesser college sports - softball, soccer, rowing, volleyball, etc High school is also much fun. How can you even connect to most pro-athletes? They're here this morning gone this afternoon. Like the guy the Wings rented from Pittsburgh last season [[who had rented him from Atlanta the previous season) who went to Chicago - Marian Hossa. Sorry, I can remember clearly what happened 40 years ago but I have difficulty remembering who's coming or going through the revolving door.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post

It must be nice to be able to predict the future. So you're saying the Sheffield deal was a mistake? He was playing great until he injured his shoulder and he was pretty much done after that. I would agree that the Willis contract was a mistake. You also probably don't remember how good Robertson was in 2006. Look up his stats.

You think the Tigers have drafted poorly since Dombroski took over? I'd say this is their best run of draft picks in nearly 30 years.

You must not remember the Tigers between 1993 and 2003 who absolutely sucked every damn year and lost over 100 games multiple times. We've had 3 winning seasons now in the last 4 years, an AL pennant, and hopefully another playoff appearance this year.

[quote=Lowell;76665]A three home run night from Cabrera and all will be forgiven/forgotten... Fans are like that.
    That's exactly right.

Singlio will make 18M next year. More than Pujols. Pujols hit 50 RBI by the end of May. Mags had 23 by the all star break and had 5 HR. Dumbo had option to release him outright before he had his 420 at bats. I'd rather see part of that 18M go toward our current second baseman and [[gulp!) our closer. In addition, Verlander's contract is right around the corner, as is Granderson's.

At least Sheffield's contract has fallen off, but their still paying Dontrell 9M. Bad decisions for seriously high priced players.

Guess that left handed power hitter will have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    OH MY GOD! CC Bats [[post #4) and I might actually agree on this one. What's this strange tightness I feel in my chest?
    So you're going to agree with baseless accusation & speculation? No wonder you're feeling a bout of angina.

Arrogance has been proven here by his actions but again- show us any proof that Cabrera is on the juice and heck, I'll even join the CC Agreement Train.

Now that it's out there as to what sort of stupid thing Cabrera did, what sort of punishment should there be? Obviously there weren't any charges filed by he or the Mrs. so the cops can't do anything but should the Tigers themselves pull him to one side, offer some SERIOUS counseling, and maybe give him a feeble suspension at the beginning of next season to "get his life back in order"?? Obviously the Tigers have an amazing baseball talent here and a very conflicted young man. They're paying him the sort of money that should make him realize his own importance, not just to this team but the community he plays for. Yes, he should be a leader stats wise- but he should also be taught responsibility on and off the baseball field.

We can all agree that his actions were selfish, deplorable and just plain stupid. What next beyond the game this afternoon??

26 is way too old to be pulling this crap - ANY age is.

Remember w/ Magglio - when DD signed him in 05, he HAD to overpay just to get - as they had w/ Pudge. 05 was still part of the sucky-era for the Tigers.

I think they'll give Willis one more shot in Spring Training '10. If he doesn't make the team then, they'll cut him.

1KielsonDrive: If you hate pro sports so much, why waste your time on this thread?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast