Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: I got hitched!

Default I got hitched!

Sorry ladies. Met a wonderful young lady of 27 at Java Hutt in Ferndale of all places back in May. We clicked right away and I decided, with some coaxing from her brother and father [[ethnic family) to have a religious ceremony [[Nancy and I are secular-father is prominent in Dearborn with a local paper) and a civil ceremony with our cool gay mayor at Ferndale city hall. We had an elegant elaborate wedding party last Sunday, and are planning a trip to Jamaica for a honeymoon.With my cynical pessimistic outlook on marriage and relationships never thought it would happen. Inlaws filled the apartment with all new furniture, under the stipulation I get the carpet cleaned, paint the place and get rid of my cat. Nancy and her mom cleaned up my messy dirty bachelor pad, organized the mess. Now Im starting a new life....

Congratulations!!

Congratulations! Have a great trip to Jamaica. The weather is just right here to make it super perfect.

Can you clue us in on the cat?

Congratulations to the bride and groom! Wishing you a long and happy life together.

Congratulations!!!

Ravine Guest

Terryh, I offer my congratulations & best wishes. Seriously. No snide comments, no wisenheimer double-entendres.

If she is even half the woman as the one I married twenty-nine years ago, you're a very lucky guy. Don't fuck it up, bro, and try to remember to keep doing all-- or, at least, most-- of the things you did when you were trying to win her devotion.

Congratulations! Sounds like things fell into place exactly as fate decreed. Enjoy your trip and here's to a long, full, happy future for you both.

Congrats! Lucky boy. Always treat her like a bride and she'll always be the wife of your dreams.

Thank you very much all of you. Gazewke my father in law dropped off kitty at the Dearborn animal shelter, I kept in contact with the shelter until kitty found a new home. Its amazing how we clicked and have so much in common..

DetroitDad Guest

Cheers!!!!

Thank you! It is so wonderful to find someone you feel so good about and I am truly happy for you both, also now happy for kitty.

Congratulations. terryh.

Congrats! Best of luck to you.

Inlaws filled the apartment with all new furniture, under the stipulation I get the carpet cleaned, paint the place and get rid of my cat. Nancy and her mom cleaned up my messy dirty bachelor pad, organized the mess.

Wonder what else you will have to be doing?

Having fun DW313512. We have been eating well, lots of sweets [[baklava) and assorted middle eastern deserts arrive weekly from well wishers, mom sends home cooked food all the time...mmm mmmm mmmm yummy!

Congratulations Terryh and Mrs. Terryh. Have a wonderful life together.

Where are you going in Jamaica?

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    ... a civil ceremony with our cool gay mayor at Ferndale city hall. We had an elegant elaborate wedding party last Sunday, and are planning a trip to Jamaica for a honeymoon.With my cynical pessimistic outlook on marriage and relationships never thought it would happen. Inlaws filled the apartment with all new furniture, under the stipulation I get the carpet cleaned, paint the place and get rid of my cat. Nancy and her mom cleaned up my messy dirty bachelor pad, organized the mess. Now Im starting a new life....
    Good for you. Febreeze air freshner is your friend.

Probably Negril [[not for hedonism)lol...hopefully in the very near future...

Best of luck,and you got your place cleaned. What more can you ask for.

Well Terryh... sounds like you gave up on those "Nubian Princesses" and "Asian Goddesses" for a "Middle Eastern Temptress"!!

But isn't going to Jamaica a little on the risky side for your "international" taste in women??

You wouldn't want to get into trouble with your new wife on your honeymoon... with her possibly catching you with "wandering eyes"!!

Ill behave.