Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Blarf Guest

Default Amazing marketing by Red Wings.

They have a ticket package called the Gordie Howe package, which includes 9 games. Why 9 games? Because that's the number he wore.

Or, you can get the Steve Yzerman package, which includes a whopping 19 games. Why 19 games you ask? That's the number he wore!

Simply brilliant. Who thought this one up? Give them a raise.

What about the Terry Sawchuck package, One game. Saw that in the Freep.

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    What about the Terry Sawchuck package, One game. Saw that in the Freep.
    Hahahah, I like that.

I didn't think it could get any worse than the Pistons "Fiverson" package [[in honor of Allan Iverson), but I was wrong. This is much worse.

This got me thinking. Stevie Y had his furniture deal with Art Van. And a while back Gordie had the #9 pizza deal at Toarminas Pizza.
    Can't top that Fiverson deal.That cracks me up.

Blarf Guest

I can't help but wonder if an advertisement team actually got paid to think of ideas like the "Gordie Howe" and "Steve Yzerman" packages? They must have been Harvard graduates.

Might not compare to the Fiverson package, but it's a start.