Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Russians are coming!

Actually the title of this film is Red Dawn, but there is a neat T type Soviet era tank parked at Bagley and Park Ave on the western side GCP. I wonder if its going to get angry.

Sludgedaddy Guest

Russix,,,,some crackhead will probably pull a Detroit version of China's Tianamen Square in a feeble attempt to squeegee a non-existent windshield.

Also saw today on the way to work film crews setting up around the industrial ruins on Piquette with several junk cars lined up for props.

It's a visual deterrent in case the Tiger fans get out of hand and try to ring that fucking bell if they clinch their division. Has anybody ever heard that fucking thing?

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Has anybody ever heard that fucking thing?
    Yeah, didn't they ring it on New Year's Eve of 1999?

To my knowledge, it's been silent ever since.

The Russians are coming!

I thought our former president, GWB, said he looked into Comrade Putin's eyes, and saw a good man, and friend of America's?

Default I, for one, welcome our new Soviet overlords

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    It's a visual deterrent in case the Tiger fans get out of hand and try to ring that fucking bell if they clinch their division.
    The way the Tigers and the Twins are going [[in opposite directions), ain't gonna be no bell ringing in October this year.

My My My, what a long hard shaft you have

Is that a shot of the tank they're using? Anyone who knows anything about tanks would realize that's an American M1A1 Abrams tank with the Chinese emblem of their army on the side. Then I guess this thread should be the Chinese are coming! This is China's most advanced tank that we know about right now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ty...front_left.jpg

Anyway, just nitpicking...

"A message for our boys fighting in Detroit:

'The chair is against the wall, repeat, the chair is against the wall.

Uncle John has a long beard.'"

Because they didn't use U.S. training aircraft as "Soviet" fighters during the air combat scenes in Top Gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodeme View Post
    Is that a shot of the tank they're using? Anyone who knows anything about tanks would realize that's an American M1A1 Abrams tank with the Chinese emblem of their army on the side. Then I guess this thread should be the Chinese are coming! This is China's most advanced tank that we know about right now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ty...front_left.jpg

Anyway, just nitpicking...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post

The Millenium Bell has an unfortunate resemblence to a cow bell...

It makes you want to ring it and yell [[with a Swiss accent).... REE...COO...LAA...

I'm getting a visual of a scrapper pushing a shopping cart with the Millenium Bell awkwardly mounted atop it.

That tank is for the movie that is being shot in detroit. Nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post

You can ring it if you're clever enough. I've done it many times. Next time you're there study the thing, it won't be hard to figure out.

I bet that tank has quite a high scrap value. hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Huggybear View Post
    Because they didn't use U.S. training aircraft as "Soviet" fighters during the air combat scenes in Top Gun?
    They could at least strive for realism, even if not many people will notice a difference.

Detroit Dad should feel real safe cooking out in GCP now.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    That tank is for the movie that is being shot in detroit. Nothing else
    No shit sherlock.